Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Smashbox Heatwave Eye Shadow Palette

We swatched the Smashbox Heatwave Eye Shadow Palette to see how the colors looked on different skin tones. What do you think?

3_12-Smashbox.jpg

Shop this palette> http://seph.me/YAls1g

Have you swatched this palette? Post a pic in the thread below! 

Re: Smashbox Heatwave Eye Shadow Palette

IMG_0312.JPG

Hi, all!  I finally figured out why my picture wouldn't post--it was operator error.

The top row in the palette starts on the left at the top; the bottom row in the palette starts on the right at the top (try to ignore the bruise).

Very pretty colors. My favorite is 9 and 2, oh wait and 4.  Oh who am I kidding i like all of them!  Have been eyeing this one.  On my shopping list it goes!  hahaha I don't think I have any more room in my storage for another palette!

I'm sorry, for some reason my picture is not posting.

How do you determine which colors are the Top Picks for each skin color?  I bought this palette today; here are my swatches.  As you can see, the colors look totally different on my pasty white skin.  The picture is pretty close to real life--I did have a bit of difficulty getting a good picture.  My Top Picks are 2, 3, 4.  I had to use three coats to get No. 1 to show up!  No. 6 is not representative of the color.  It is a very shiney white/silver.  I can't wait to try these colors on Monday!

kalex:  No. 4 is a pink-peach; it will look great with your blue eyes.  No. 8 will also look wonderful with your blue eyes.  I have light blue eyes, for which I always receive compliments.  I wear blue in the crease and outer corner, but not too heavy.  This blue will be a good "starter" blue for you.  Try a light layer in the crease and add more as you become comfortable with the color.  I wear BE Cultured Pearl as a highlighter (lash to brow bone) with my current blue.

Anonymous Insider

I saw this on Sephora's Instagram on Friday—the shimmering purple taupe is gorgeous!

I was literally one click away from buying this today!  I wasn't sure about shades 4 (looks too red), 5 (I don't know how to wear a gold that gold), and 8 (I have blue eyes and blue eyeshadow scares me).

I really like 1,2,6, and 9 though so now I'm rethinking it!

WOW I really like this set. 🙂

these are beautiful! wow! I love them all! Just what I don't need, another palette...

HOT! thanks. I've had my eye on this one, i Love the color combination

*groan* i wish i hadn't clicked in here because now i'm just DYING to have numbers 6, 7, 8 and 9!!!

Oh, you didn't know? "Enabler" is my middle name! 🙂

LOL!  I can see why! 😄

Oh LOVE this! The top row is warm neutrals while the bottom is coool neutral. It's like Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2 in one reduced palette. I love the Soft Matte Peach!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos2
  • 3_12-Smashbox.jpg
  • IMG_0312.JPG
testing