Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Recommendations on BEST BRUSH CLEANER

My to-go to was 'Morphe' but it's been twice Its out of stock .. I'm open to try others asap ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿฝ

Re: Recommendations on BEST BRUSH CLEANER

Hi @veeejaayglam,

I recommend the Cinema Secrets Makeup Brush Cleaner 8 oz/ 237 mLI have found it works great and does not leave a residue on my brush. I hope this helps!

Best,
Rebecca

@veeejaayglam  Iโ€™ve tried Mac, Shu Uemura, Apothecary, Baby Shampoo, and the one I love best is the Beautyblender blendercleanserยฎ solid Lavender

Itโ€™s super easy to use, gets brushes super clean without drying them out (I use it on all my Wayne Goss brushes), leaves no film or residue, and it smells nice, too!

@veeejaayglam I like MAC brush cleanser.

@veeejaayglam 

For gentlest brush cleaner: 

1. Use cleansing oil to loosen makeup on bristles

2. Use facial cleanser to wash it all away

For efficient and convenient brush cleaner that you happen to have in your house:

-Dish detergent or body soap

What others have suggested are also great options!

@veeejaayglam I use Castile soap, like dr bronners or whatever unscented one is the cheapest. Iโ€™m fairly certain that the beauty blender solid cleaner is Castile soap as well.

I used to use different cleaners based on the type of brush (natural vs. synthetic, squirrel vs. goat, etc.). But after some experimentation, Iโ€™ve narrowed it all down to these for all my brushes. 

Deep cleaning: Beautyblender blendercleanserยฎ solid Lavender. I used to worry about using this on my squirrel hair brushes, but it doesnโ€™t ruin them. It cleans thoroughly and rinses easily. Itโ€™s especially great for synthetic and goat hair brushes, which I wash within 2 days of use. I always travel with a deluxe sample in a small plastic jar. 

Between cleanings: either BeautySoClean spray or SEPHORA COLLECTION - Dry Clean Instant Dry Brush Cleaner Spray. I use these mostly on my squirrel brushes and a couple of goat brushes, since I deep clean those only once a month. Theyโ€™re no substitute for a deep clean, but they do remove enough makeup (after I wipe the brushes on a towel) for reuse. My brushes dry quickly with both sprays. The Sephora spray has a strong hairspray type of scent, but itโ€™s not unpleasant to me. 

@veeejaayglam For my deep cleansing I swear by the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Solid Clean: Solid Brush Cleanerit gets rid of every single trace of makeup on my brushes and makeup sponges (full coverage foundation, dark eyeshadows and so on), they look brand new. And for everyday cleaning I use the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Dry Clean Instant Dry Brush Cleaner Sprayit gets the job done quickly and my brushes are instantly clean and dry.

@veeejaayglam I use the Sephora unscented brush cleaner and it works great for me! I typically spray it onto a paper towel or towel and use it to clean the brush. the scented ones have a VERY strong scent. so beware of that.

I will mention a couple of cheap items that you may already have @veeejaayglam . Dawn Dishwashing Detergent or any baby shampoo dissolved in warm water makes a cheap and effective brush cleanser. My favorite brush cleanser is the Cinema Secrets Brush Cleanser. It does have a strong oder but it is quick drying.

Thank you haha I actually used to use Dawn actually ๐Ÿ’ฏ Th...

Thank you haha I actually used to use Dawn actually ๐Ÿ’ฏ Thank you!!

I really love the beauty blender solid, it gets the toughest foundation out of my brushes @veeejaayglam

Looks a bit small huh? Does it give a good amount?

Looks a bit small huh? Does it give a good amount?

@veeejaayglam I second @lmaster on this one

@veeejaayglam I use the Sephora brush shampoo. 

Well thank you! I'll check it out ๐Ÿ’•

Well thank you! I'll check it out ๐Ÿ’•
15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing