Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Recommendations for a look

This weekend I am doing my best friend's makeup for an event. She isn't familiar with eyeshadow and has expressed that I am pretty good at doing looks that match the outfit/event, which is why she asked me to be her MUA. 

Details: the event theme is Roaring 20's, her dress is black crushed velvet, off the shoulder, center leg slit to knee height, and dips in the front a little bit. She is fair-skinned with yellow undertones, oval-to-round shaped face, and shoulder-length dark brown hair.

I was already thinking a bright red lipstick to make the dress pop, but for the eyes and contour, I am unsure. I kind of want to throw in some sort of glitter or metallic shadow, maybe a halo look or smokey eye with a bright inner-corner, but I know I don't want to go too dark considering her dress is black and it's 20's themed. On the other hand, does it matter if we don't follow the theme? I just want her to look gorgeous and stand out for the evening. 

Any ideas? I have never done anyone else's makeup for an event, but I want to do really good and need some guidance on the vision. Thanks in advance!! ❤️ 

EDIT: I did a halo eye with dark corners and a silver glitter center, no eyeliner, just dark lashes, and minimal contour (the lighting at the event was dark). Made the highlight heavy so it could be seen in the poor lighting. I ended up being rushed due to time constraints (roughly 30 minutes is all the time I had), and I think in the details I didn't do so well. If I had more time, I think it would've come out perfect.

Re: Recommendations for a look

@kamaa So sorry I didn't see you in time, I hope the event turned out great! It's always daunting doing makeup for someone else

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing