cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

No makeup, makeup for summer

Hey there,

I am wondering what you suggest for a sheer makeup to use during the summer? Something good in the heat. Also my face is a bit tanned right now and I'd rather not cover it all up but rather even out some of my added redness (nose and chin).

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jennifer

Re: No makeup, makeup for summer

@jenwilson04  I'm a big fan of Bareminerals Rescue gel, and it has many many shades. But for another option, the affordable ELF Bare Serum foundation is nice too, although not many shades; however, each shade actuayly works for a wide swath of skintones.

I can wear the lightest shade in summer when I've got a hint of tan, and through most of winter, till I hit my palest pale. Both are sheer but a little buildable, the Bareminerals really helps for evening out little imperfections-- it's somewhat dewy. 

Re: No makeup, makeup for summer

Hi @jenwilson04!

My favorite light coverage foundation is Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation 6 Neutral (not this color).  This was a bit too light to cover my blemishes but worked for covering redness.

It's super lightweight so it's great for the summer, and is also supposed to be waterproof.  It was somewhat waterproof for me.  Don't forget SPF and UV protection!

You can also try using a moisturizer to reduce redness.  I liked the Shiseido Bio-Performance Glow Revival Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and my sister uses BeautyBio The ZenBubble Gel Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing