Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Organizers

Anyone know of a nice sturdy makeup organizer that isn’t cheap plastic? All I find are cheap plastic ones. Thanks!

Re: Makeup Organizers

@HappyGal59  My countertop makeup organizers (that aren't lipstick carousels) are mostly from The Container Store: at TCS direct, search for "Luxe Acrylic Modular Makeup System." Those are the drawers and inserts I use. Sometimes they go on sale; not sure if they are right now. The only drawbacks to those drawers (aside from the price) are the shallow handles and the rubber feet: the drawers stack nicely, but sometimes the feet can come loose. They're not perma-glued to the bottom of each drawer. 

I also have a SEPHORA COLLECTION Clear 1-Drawer Makeup Organizer and a SEPHORA COLLECTION Clear 3-Drawer Makeup Organizer stacked atop each other. On top of those are 2 of the small-footprint ByAlegory lipstick carousels I bought from Amazon. The 1-drawer and 3-drawer organizers are the same length, width, and height, so they stack perfectly. I see the 3-drawer's out of stock right now, though. The 1-drawer holds quite a lot, especially if you use some inserts (you can find some at TCS, Amazon, your local TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc.) Not sure if those Sephora organizers fall into your "cheap plastic" category, though... I mean they're not as nice looking as TCS's Luxe Acrylic drawers, which are a bit sturdier. 

I also installed a magnetic wall system to store some makeup. I use some Perch magnetic organizers for that (at TCS, search for "Perch Magnetic Modular System"; you can probably also find Perch stuff elsewhere, possibly cheaper), plus some plain ol' metal panels (available at Amazon or your local hardware store; just make sure magnets will stick to them), all attached to a wall with Command Strips. I went the magnetic wall route because my apartment's wall studs are metal instead of wood, and I wouldn't want to deal with patching nail holes upon move-out anyway. I like the sturdy Perch cubbies and shelves because the magnets on them are strong. If you've got usable wall space that's good for Command Strips, consider using it for vertical nail-free storage. 

Re: Makeup Organizers

@HappyGal59 Look for acrylic ones sold at Ulta and on Amazon.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing