Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Looking for a good foundation that doesn’t settle into fine lines.

I have been using makeup revolution conceal and define foundation from the drug store as I ran out of my makeup forever HD foundation stick, and I’ve been noticing recently that it has been settling into my fine lines and makes me look very dry. I apply with a dampened beauty blender and then a small amount of powder to set it and then dampen my blender with setting spray and really try to work it into my skin. I don’t have a lot of prominent lines but I have one small line in between my eyebrows so I’m looking for something that will not settle in my lines and look so dry and cakey. Any suggestions? I prefer something without spf in it as my skin often reacts to anything with spf.

Re: Looking for a good foundation that doesn’t settle into fine lines.

I suggest getting a primer rather than trying to change foundation. I bought the cheapest primer at the drugstore and even that corrected most of my foundations caking/separating in wrinkles. A better primer would probably correct all of the issues. 

@RebeccaAnnGrace   Urban Decay Stay Naked Weightless Foundation is such a beautiful foundation! Two others I like are #Lancome Teinte Idole foundation and #Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation.

@RebeccaAnnGrace --

I recommend checking out Angie's YT channel Hot & Flashy; every year she does exhaustive research and wear tests on all kinds of foundations for mature skin, and does a round up video too. Check her playlists for vids with some great info. 

@RebeccaAnnGrace @I generally find that using a good smoothing primer is much more effective at dealing with settling than trying to find a new foundation.

My favorite lately at blurring is Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer however I do believe that has spf so perhaps MAKE UP FOR EVER Mini Step 1 Primer Pore Minimizer Pore Minimizer or tarte Mini Timeless Smoothing Primer 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL 

I will say, as someone with dry skin, I have found foundation sticks increasingly difficult to work with. The thicker cream really just clings to everything . I think the go do foundations like lancome or estee laudee stand the test of time for a reason. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing