cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Longwear foundation and concealer

Hello,

I am new to the group, i need some advice. I have combination skin, i have been wanting to try a long wear foundation that is transfer proof. Do you have any recommendations? Also do you suggest using a long wear concealer or regular is fine or would that not make a difference ?

Thank you for your advice.

Re: Longwear foundation and concealer

@1ofakind032 I’ve never used this foundation but i’ve heard mostly good reviews about the wear time for it the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation. i use the NARS Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation and its one of my favorites. 

As far as your combination skin, if you want you can use a hydrating primer in areas that are dry and a blurring/matte primer in areas that are oily. 

Foundations aren’t transfer proof on their own, that’s where your setting powders come in, along with setting spray. For pressed powder one of my favorites is the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder or the maybelline fit me. For loose powder i like the elf halo glow powder or HUDA BEAUTY Easy Bake Loose Baking & Setting Powder . 

A lot of people swear by the ONE/SIZE by Patrick Starrr Preserve the Serve Luminous Setting Spray 4 oz/ 118 mL so if you TRULY want your makeup to not move this would definitely do the job (there is a mini size as well). I don’t use it because it’s a bit too strong/intense for me lol, I like to layer LYS Beauty LYS Beauty Skin Loyalty Setting Spray 3.38 oz / 100 ml and Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray 3.3 oz / 100 ml instead. 
As far as concealer, the main things you should look for is being hydrating, if it creases throughout the day, and if it gives you your desired amount of coverage. 

Re: Longwear foundation and concealer

@Inccc  thank you so much for the recommendations and tips. I will definitely check these out.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing