Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Fenty + SPF = need advice

One of Fenty's foundations was so perfectly matched to my skin the Sephora woman couldn't even tell I was wearing foundation. I MUST have it. Problem is there's no SPF, which for me is a must. I hate the idea of buying two products separately ($$$), but I REALLY don't want to have to look for another foundation after I already found my perfect match.

So I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know of an affordable, preferably non-tinted SPF primer I could wear under foundation?

...or...

2: Does anyone know of an SPF foundation that's the same shade as Fenty's "200 cool"? (Cruelty-free for both)

...Or any other tips to resolve this! xoxoxo

Anonymous Insider

Re: Fenty + SPF = need advice

Glossier invisible shield works great under my Fenty in 200 cool. It’s a gel and dries really fast. It has an SPF of 35 and I love it. 

RE: Fenty + SPF = need advice

@Schmidty2017 I know you said non-tinted primer but Cane+Austin Prime and Protect has SPF 50, it pore filling, mattifying but has a slight tint. It’s nothing crazy and easily blends in. It works amazing under Fenty. I use that mix quite often and I’m never disappointed. Since it has a slight tint, it’s great to wear on no makeup days as well. It will just even everything out. It’s my Holy Grail!

Hello my fellow sunscreen people!

So I have found that neutrogena’s ultra sheer liquid 70 spf works well under my Fenty(110 and linen in the matchstick). A few things of note you want the liquid! The cream ones are great but I find that they make my makeup slide off. Also you have to let it completely dry before you start putting your foundation on. 

After the sunscreen has dried I do a quick spray of setting spray, let it dry. Apply my  Fenty foundation using a sponge moistened with setting spray, I let that dry then another spray of setting spray and letting it dry. I finish up with a dusting of powder and another round of setting spray.  I speed up the drying using a hand fan. 

I hope this helps!

Hourglass mineral veil is a very good primer with spf.  Also Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield is clear and also has spf.  These are a bit pricey but they work well.  

I've found that the Simple brand that you can find in pharmacies are really nice.  The moisturizers have spf and they are not too expensive.  

i agree with @malday. i personally havent used sunscreen...

i agree with @malday. i personally havent used sunscreen from the drugstore. i use mac, nars and dr dennis gross. dr dennis gross is an spf 50 spray that uses mineral sunscreen opposed to chemical sunscreen and it can be used for the body as well. i spray one pump to my hand and rub on my face and then apply primer amd foundation.

Hi @Schmidty2017! So I may not be much help here, but I really do recommend a separate sunscreen. When SPF is incorporated into products the full potential is often not seen since most people do not apply enough of the product to make it effective. There are plenty of affordable sunscreen options out there. I especially recommend Korean and Japanese brands as they often contain very high SPF at an entirely reasonable price (my favorites come from Missha). If you’re still looking for a combination product then hopefully someone else will be able to provide a useful suggestion! 

Malday -- informative and helpful, thanks so much!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing