Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Fenty Color Match

I went to get matched for Fenty and was told I was a 190. They were sold out, so I chose another foundation brand (which I was matched for) and received a sample of the Fenty 190. When I got home, the foundation I bought and the Fenty sample were like 3 shades lighter than my skin tone, even though I was matched in store. I went back to get matched for the Fenty by another employee. She matched me with the 170 which is lighter than the 190. It was a perfect match even when I got home. Can anyone explain why this is? I believe they both have the same undertones which was my first though. 

Re: Fenty Color Match

Based on the description, it looks like 170 has cooler undertones and is suppose to be lighter than the 190, which has neutral undertones. One possible explanation is that you have cool undertones, so if you tried 190 and it looked off, it would be more noticeable and may look 'lighter'. Other things that may affect your perception include lighting or other products you might have worn with the foundation.

Another explanation could be that the sample you got was the wrong shade given to you, since sometimes the bottles get mixed up on the display or the Sephora cast member read the label wrong. Just in case, get another sample of the 190 if you are still unsure.

If possible, do a half face of 170 and 190 and let them both dry down, then go somewhere with good lighting and compare. Get second opinions from other people about which side matches you better before you buy the full bottle. Good luck!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing