Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Dry Skin Dewy/Glow Moisturizers

Dry skin people, what are your favorite dewy moisturizers for under makeup/ safe for acne?

Re: Dry Skin Dewy/Glow Moisturizers

@SatoriLuna  A glowy sunscreen can give you that dewy skin look. Some sunscreens even contain good moisturizing ingredients (squalane, shea butter, dimethicone, etc.) and can double as moisturizers, so you can skip the moisturizer step. My mostly-dry combo skin needs a separate moisturizer under sunscreen in winter, but in warm weather I can skip AM moisturizer and just rely on sunscreen. 

When temps here in Chicago drop to freezing or colder, I often use the thicker greasier sunscreens in my skincare stash. (I alternate several sunscreens all year long.) That's why my skin looks dewy and glowy in -20ºF weather. 😄 These sunscreens include Eucerin Age Defense SPF 50, La Roche-Posay Anthelios Melt-In Milk SPF 100, and CoTZ Sensitive Untinted SPF 40 (a mineral sunscreen that's 100% invisible on my "medium-deep to deep" skintone). 

Something else you can try is applying 2-3 drops of facial oil under your moisturizer, followed by whichever sunscreen you prefer. The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL is a very popular one for dry skin. 

Hi @SatoriLuna I have dry skin too,  have you tried any of the glow recipie mousturizers? They may not work for you but I really do enjoy them so much 💓 

You should check them out in store with a tester 🙂 but they do give your skin a highlighted glow. I only use these in my day time routine,

#Glow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL (Oil free I belive)

#Glow Recipe Mini Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer .68 oz / 20 mL (best for dry skin)

@SatoriLuna I always recommend belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb when someone is looking for a deeply hydrating, but still lightweight, moisturizer. 

Thank you! I tried this one before but for some reason my makeup eats this one up I use trentinoin at night so my face gets so dry and I was using Charlotte tilbury magic cream but I moved on to Tatcha Dewy skin cream just trying to find something that works as good and is better on the budget.

@SatoriLuna Are you using a primer first? If not, Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ is a great one. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing