Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Decent Palette for a begginer

Hey everyone๐Ÿ˜ŠIโ€™m just wondering if yall could help me with finding a decent eyeshadow palette that has good pigmentation, affordable price(maybe between $20-$70 canadian dollars), and is easy to blend. Thank youโ˜บ๏ธ

RE: Decent Palette for a begginer

I believe for beginners, the Too Faced Tickled Peach (mini version ofpeach) is good. Shades pretty easy to work with, itโ€™s actually one of myfavorite palettes and I owned a lot of eyeshadow palettes. ( I just love eyeshadows).
Anonymous Insider

Re: Decent Palette for a begginer

@lilithxxx wrote:

Hey everyone๐Ÿ˜ŠIโ€™m just wondering if yall could help me with finding a decent eyeshadow palette that has good pigmentation, affordable price(maybe between $20-$70 canadian dollars), and is easy to blend. Thank youโ˜บ๏ธ

Anastasia Beverly Hills Soft Glam! Or too faced peachy mattes

The mini huda palettes have great pay off, easily blends. ABH modern renaissance palette is warm toned and pretty for the fall. ABH prism palette for the Smokey shimmery look Too faced sweet peach - lots of peachy tones

Like others said, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is a great starter palette. If you want something more on the affordable end, I suggest the one of the Coastal Scents Revelaled Palettes (https://www.coastalscents.com/collections/makeup-eyes-eye-palettes/products/revealed-palette). 

It seems most people start on the following Three Palettes:

1) Urban Decay Naked Palettes

2) Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

3) Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Palette

I like the Kat Von D shade & light palette. It's really boring but it's very neutral and useful. I also recommend the Tarte In Bloom palette.

naked palettes and jaclyn hill palette!

I feel like the Jaclyn Hill x Morphe palette would be a good one. It can create several wearable looks, but has colorful shades if you want to amp up the drama.

Anonymous Insider

For neutrals: Carli Bybel Palette by Bh cosmetics For col...

For colorful looks:Take me back to brazil palette by Bhcosmetics Affordable and It!

I personally dislike the naked palettes I find theyโ€™re not blendable or pigmented and not worth the price/hype my tartelette in bloom is my holy grail savior I will grab that palette before any other palette. Stay away from subculture at all costs. I heard the new toasted tartelette palette isnโ€™t as good and the other 2. You can always watch review vids on YouTube to see a physical look on any product before buying. I like looking into the pan sizes, how much money im spending per ounce, how many colors I like, and how they wear on people. Thatโ€™s a bit extreme for someone starting out but itโ€™s definitely worth the time and effort to look into to know youโ€™re making an educated decision.

You cannot go wrong with the original  Urban Decay Naked palettes: Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 -- Ultimate Basics, Smoky, and Heat are all better as later additions once you want to expand your options. I'd say go look at the Naked palettes in person if you can (either at Sephora or SDM if you collect points there you can get better return on investment if you buy it on a good points deal day) and see what one has the most shades that appeal to you. The included brush is great quality, too. If we knew anything about your coloring (eye color, skin tone, hair color) or preferences, we could maybe more specifically recommend one of those. The Nakeds will give you everything from toned-down everyday looks to dramatic and everything in between all in one box and there are crazy-loads of great tutorials online for looks using shades from the Naked palettes, so you will have lots more beginner-friendly guidance if you get one of those than with just about any other palettes out there.

Kat von D is also good, but her formula tends to be a tiny bit more hit-or-miss and the shades in general are less beginner-friendly. Anatasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance is also a good palette but I'd say it's better for a 2nd or 3rd palette, not your first one.

My very first palette was the BH Cosmetics Modern Mattes.  I bought it because it has a wide range of colors, all mattes, at it was only about $12-$15 USD.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a palette because I didn't know much about eyeshadow then.  It was a great palette to practice with, but I still use it sometimes because the quality is good.

I loved my urban decay naked basics 1 palette when I first started wearing eyeshadow. Its decent priced, good quality and there arenโ€™t too many shades so itโ€™s not overwhelming to use either. 

Tartlette in Bloom is my go to. I don't wear a lot of eye makeup every day so that's the best for slight touch up nude shades and begin to play with.

Agreed, Tartlette In Bloom is what I recommend to anyone who is just getting started in eyeshadow or wants something versatile. Its got a matte cream, warm and cool transitions, shimmers and mattes. In short, everything you need. It is my favorite it travel with. Bonus: it smells really nice...slightly like vanilla and chocolate! 

I agree. Tartlette and bloom is great for a very natural look.

veens wrote:

Tartlette in Bloom is my go to. I don't wear a lot of eye makeup every day so that's the best for slight touch up nude shades and begin to play with.

Anonymous Insider

naked 2 pallet works really  good $66 canadain dollars.

Try looking at makeup geek She has really good eyeshadows that stay on. I also like kat von d and ABH modern renaissance
18 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 19 Contributors
testing