cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

ColorIQ, it’s confusing!

Hey Y’all.

Don’t get me wrong, ColorIQ is great, it helped me find great shades In store… but it is really confusing! My color IQ currently is Very Fair 1 • Cool 2 • Intensity 2? I don’t know what that means, I don’t think anyone does… tbh. Like, on NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation Patagonia, it matched me to a shade way to dark and way to warm (Patagonia).  like in store ColorIQ rocks, but online, it is not great! I was wondering if anyone had any idea what my colorIQ means, and some products that matches it? I would like to try the new Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Soft’Lit Naturally Luminous Hydrating Longwear Foundation, but I have no idea what shade to get since I don’t trust online shade matches anymore lol.

Thank You so much!

Re: ColorIQ, it’s confusing!

@Sam013,

Try Findination as a starter.  Usually, I enter a bunch of different products and as I'm entering, see what they recommend for the product I'm selecting.  Then, read the product description to see if it clues you in to any undertones.

If you can go get matched again in store, make sure they swatch your neck and face, have them use 3-4 shades and also compare it outside

Re: ColorIQ, it’s confusing!

@Sam013 I second @danielledanielle s recommendation of using findation dot com.  I enter in at least three or four great matches and use this to blind buy foundation.  I'd say 95% of the time it works out well. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing