Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Best Daily Makeup

I’m looking for daily makeup that I can wear during the week to work that won’t break me out. I have combination skin where I can be super oily but also dry. I also have sensitive, acne prone skin. Overall, my skin is super high maintenance and it’s been super hard to find something that it likes.  I’m looking for something that is lightweight but stays in place all day. Anyone have any suggestions?? 

Re: Best Daily Makeup

It sounds like you and I have practically the same skin and if there's a color that matches you well in it, I cannot recommend BAREMINERALS - Matte Loose Powder Mineral Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15more. It doesn't exacerbate any of my oiliness or dryness, my super-sensitive skin doesn't react to it, and it's never caused me  any acne (even if I accidentally sleep in it). Bonus, it has sun protection without any oil which is SO hard for me to find! I would only recommend the matte, though. The original is too luminous and has made me break out before. Hope this helps!

Hi @ErinnCo ! Maybe the Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Foundation Fluid Juicy RG50

might work for you. Although, it doesn't have any SPF in it so you would have to wear your own underneath. Also, since you have tried the foundations suggested by @carlym99 

maybe you could cross reference the ingredients lists to see if there is anything in all of them that might be irritating your skin. It might be the sunscreen, or a preservative, or something. Sometimes it can be more helpful to know what doesn't work for you than what does, lol. I hope you find something that works for your skin! 🙂

Hi @ErinnCo  - I recommend using a BB/CC cream for everyday wear. You'll ultimately have to find the best one for your skin tone, but these are good ones for oily and sensitive skin -

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium

SUPERGOOP! - CC Cream Daily Correct Broad Spectrum SPF 35+ Sunscreen

IT COSMETICS - CC+ Cream Oil-Free Matte with SPF 40

tarte BB blur tinted moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Sunscreen Fair

Thank you @carlym99 !! Unfortunately I’ve tried all of those and they’ve broken me out. I appreciate your suggestions though!

Hi @ErinnCo I'm sorry to hear that! Have you tried DIOR - Dior Airflash Spray Foundation? It's my favorite foundation as its really light yet buildable.

@carlym99 No I haven’t yet! I’ll definitely try it out. Thanks so much for your help!! 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing