cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

What is your go to lip color?

#lipstick #lipgloss #lipstain #color #got

What is your go to lip color? Do you prefer lip gloss, lip stick, lip stain etc? Favorite brand? 

Re: What is your go to lip color?

@ohmiitsjessie 

Color:  Red, berry, mauve

Format:  Lipstick

Brands:  PAT McGRATH LABS MatteTrance™ Lipstick ; Gucci Rouge à Lèvres Satin Lipstick Lunar New Year Edition 505 Janet Rust ; Bite Beauty Amuse Boucher (discontinued); NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil ; NARS Satin Lipstick Pencil 

@ohmiitsjessie Surprisingly this is such a touch question for me, haha. I love a lot of different lippies but I tend to reach for non-traditional lipsticks like the YSL ones or the Buxom lip creams on a more regular basis. However, my "true" go-to lip color is a discontinued liquid matte lip shade from Jouer that I wish we could have back or in a tube form, it was called Cassis. 

If I had to choose something that is still currently available that would be best described as my go-to color it would have to be Buxom Full-On™ Plumping Lip Cream Gloss Rose Julep I feel like when I don't want to think about it I slap this lippie on and it tends to go well with just about any kind of look on my lips. The Buxom lip creams are overall something I frequently reach for but this color is definitely my most popular. 

@ohmiitsjessie @As we move into fall/winter it’ll be berries and rosewood colors for me! In the summer I love a good pink! 

this summer I’ve been obsessed with lip stains. It gets so humid and hot moving around and the stains are just low effort. I like Dior Dior Addict Lip Tint ! 

In the winter I like something a bit more hydrating and I don’t mind reapplying Gucci Luminous Sheer Lipstick 

@ohmiitsjessie  What are your own answers to your questions? 😉 

Go-to lip color: I guess the colors I reach for most often are berries, fuchsias, blues, teals, mauves, purples, terracottas, and papaya oranges. Wide range, but it's hard to narrow down my most used color since my lipstick hoard's quite large and I'm sometimes very random about choosing a shade to wear. Some weeks I reach for reds more than anything else. Other weeks, it's browns, blacks, oranges, pinks, or the few peachy corals that work for me. And I like to ombre 2 or more lip shades. 

Product type preference: Bullet lipsticks, followed by tinted balms (not very sheer tints; I like my tinted balms to be quite noticeable), liquid creams/satins, and glosses, with stains and liquid mattes tied at last place. Oh, and I like to custom mix lip colors using DM Colorfix 
(and/or other brands’ pigments) and Aquaphor Ointment… I’d put that between tinted balms and liquid creams/satins on this list. 

Favorite brand: MAC, Pat McGrath, Guerlain, UOMA, Lisa Eldridge, NARS, Gucci, Lancôme, ColourPop, Bite Amuse Bouche (available only at Lip Lab locations now), Lipstick Queen, Fenty… I love many brands’ lip products, but those are probably my faves. I should also include Bobbi Brown, and Givenchy occasionally releases some fun stuff. 

I've only tried a few colors and brands but I keep ordering different ones haha

Fav Color is probably a red. I've tried a few shades of pink but it never is the right shade-still on the hunt. 

Fav type seems to be lip sticks. Lip stains are hit and miss but I use them also. 

Fav Brand (that's I've tried so far) is probably Dior or Rare Beauty. Dior lasts longer but Rare Beauty feels a bit more wearable. 

Clearly haven't tried as many at this point but I look forward to seeing how my answers change after ordering a few more. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing