Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Wedding Day Lip Combos

Hello! I am looking for lip combinations for my wedding day. I want something that is long lasting but not too  drying. As for shades I am looking for something neutral/pinky neutral. For reference I have pigmented lips.

Re: Wedding Day Lip Combos

@Mellmars1185  congratulations! 🥰 I can't wait to see whatever you choose, I know it (and you) will be beautiful!

@caitbird Thank you so much for your sweet and kind words 💞

Congratulations @Mellmars1185! You’ve already gotten some good recommendations, especially the liner base + lipstick blot + powder technique. If you’re concerned your lips might be too dry underneath all that or anything else, consider using a lip primer first. 

I’m sure your special day will go wonderfully! I’ve been a maid of honor twice and lemme just say I’ve seen some things. One of my brides, a very good friend of mine, went full bridezilla about 2 weeks into her wedding planning, so her parents, brother, and I were constantly running damage control. 🤣 She flipped out over the tiniest details because she was so worried about everything. Her flower arrangement guy almost backed out because of the way she unloaded on him one day. In the end, her wedding was beautiful and fantastic. So no matter how worried or stressed you might be about anything (and I’m not saying you are, especially not at the level my friend was), it’ll all come together as one of your best days ever. ❤️

@WinglessOne Thank you! I have never tried the lipstick blot and powder technique. I will definitely test it out. I have a lot of nice lipstick shades that are not long lasting. This may give me more options than I thought I had 🤔. Oh what a story! Was being a bridesmaid stressful for you? You know what? I have never been in a wedding party! This will be a first for me lol. It is a small wedding, which takes a lot of the stress away. I just don't like being the centre of attention. So once that part is over, I willl be able to relax more. 

@Mellmars1185  Aw, you’re deserving of all the attention. But I do get not wanting to be the center. Just remember that there’s one other person sharing that center of attention with you; you’re not all alone in the center. 🙂 

In addition to my 2 stints as maid of honor, I’ve been a regular bridesmaid once and a groomsmaid once. Being MOH was definitely more stressful than regular brides/groomsmaid, though really just for my bridezilla friend’s wedding. 😅 My other MOH adventure was much calmer. 2 of those weddings were large, 1 was smaller (around 130 people), and 1 was small at just around 50 or 60 people. Aside from dealing with bride misbehavior/blowups, the only stressful part of being MOH was writing a speech to give at the receptions. I didn’t even have to plan bachelorette parties: one bride didn’t want one, and the other bride had already planned hers. And it was great that everyone in each bridal party played nice with one another, except the time my bridezilla friend threatened to kick other bridesmaids out of the wedding party over everyone’s shoe heel heights, of all things… did I mention she was nervous about everything? 🤦‍♀️ Smoothing that over wasn’t hard, though. Anyway, being a bridesmaid wasn’t as stressful for me as it might’ve been for some other folks. 

@WinglessOne Thank you for the wonderful advice! Hehe I definitely want to share the attention with my SO 😀. Oh my goodness, a heel height discrepancy? Kicking everyone out of the wedding party sounds extreme! I can imagine everyone reacts differently to stress. I feel like I might need a glass of 🍾 to get me down the aisle but once that is done I am hoping it will be smooth

I just stopped by to say Congratulations @Mellmars1185!! You will look stunning in whatever shade(s) you choose! I've never seen you with a bad lip combo. Warm wishes for an amazing day! Hugs to you!! 🤗

@itsfi Thank you so much! The day is approaching quickly and I hope I will be ready. I am thinking at this point I will just go with the flow and try to not worry about anything (including the perfect lip combo lol).

@Mellmars1185, I don't have a recommendation because I don't remember what my MUA did for my wedding day.  I just think she veto'ed my choice and gave me something 1000x better.

Actually, Beauty Bakerie Lip Whips are darn near bullet proof.  They don't sit super comfortable, but they don't budge unless you incur something heavy duty.If you can find them, I forgot they are OOB.

I really just came to share this:

giphy-downsized-large

@danielledanielle This made me smile! I love The Office. Thank you! I needed that 💞. I have two Beauty Bakery lip products. I will check if they are the Lip Whips. They sound like they could be because I remember thinking they did not go on the smoothest.

@Mellmars1185, of course!

I'm assuming you're going to at least do a couple of test runs, so try one of them with a balm.  It'll probably mess with the dry down, but it might be more comfortable that way.

Congratulations @Mellmars1185! I used Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner Pillow Talk all over and topped it with a pink gloss for my wedding.

@faeriegirl Thank you so much! CT liner seems to be a top product for weddings so far. I do love her pink liners 🩷. Did you find it lasted a long time with the gloss?

@Mellmars1185  The liner lasted but I had to reapply the gloss a couple of times.

Congratulations! ( Again 😉😉🎉🎉

You have so much experience and expertise in lip products @Mellmars1185 I know whatever combo you decide on is going to be beautiful. 💫 

@CynthieLu Thanks so much...No experience with wedding Lipstick...yet hehe 💄🥰☺️

Lol. Soon thou 😉😉 @Mellmars1185 

@Mellmars1185 congratulations 🎊!

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you so much! 💖

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 177 Hearts Given