Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Lip liner and breakouts

Anyone know of a lip liner that won’t clog pores? Every time I wear it I get little blemishes around my mouth!! I’ve used NARS Velvet Lip Liner, Sephora mini lip pencil, Bite Lip Pencil and Nyx (this one is actually the best nude/pink matte pencil I’ve found, stays on and doesn’t dry out my lips, but the worst on my list for the clogged pores.) 

Re: Lip liner and breakouts

I’ve been that problem and couldn’t figure what it was. It ended up being the Sephora liner and it was brand new. Thank you for this thread. I’ll be switching to something different 

Omg! I thought I was the only one who had this problem. I gave up on liners after trying SO many. Mac and Chanel and drugstore brands are the  worst for me. But I won’t give up. There must be one that won’t cause clogged pores around my lips. 

I have the same issue! You’re my “problem twin” haha. Have you found anything that works?

Hi! Yes I started using the smashbox precision liner and it works great! 

Hi! Just want to share in case it could help. I am allergic to latex (and many more things) and have had occasional breakouts before but never thought to put 2 and 2 together... I was researching recently and came to realize that many cosmetics *could* contain latex.. and there are many things that a latex sensitive person could have a reaction to that isn't *actually* natural latex. Unfortunately I'm not educated enough to be able to decipher the ingredient list in most makeup.. so basically I pay REALLY close attention now to even the slightest reaction and just immediately stop using that product. The breakout I'm trying to defeat right now is going on 6 months... thus the reason I started looking into reactions to cosmetics a few months ago and came across latex... anyway I don't know if you have allergies or sensitive skin, but maybe someone out there one day might benefit from us talking about this right? Sorry I don't have a lip liner suggestion, I tend to wear sheer lipsticks and have never used a liner... but I really hope you find a great one soon 😄

I don't have any skin allergies that I know of, but that is still helpful! Thank you!

I love the Charlotte Tilbury liners! They glide effortlessly and I’ve never had an issue with them! I also tend to use mac a lot as they have a great colour selection ! 

Awesome!! Thanks so much!

@AlmetaR I use MAC, Charlotte Tilbury, Pat McGrath, Urban Decay lip liners and don't have that issue.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing