Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
Anonymous Insider

Lip Stain

My lips tend to have a blue/purple tint to them. I really want to wear lipstick but I hate having to reapply.   I’m looking for a really good lip stain that stays well and doesn’t make my lips sticky.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Lip Stain

You are asking for a tall order, so I hope you're ok with some compromises. Here goes.

GIVENCHY - Encre Interdite 24 Hour Lip Stain

Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain 101 Chrome Red Clash

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Lip Tint 09 Ruby

SURRATT BEAUTY - Lipslique Lipstick

URBAN DECAY - Lo-Fi Lip Mousse

Ok I'm going to give you the rundown on the pros and cons of these, which I do believe to be the best stains available.  

The givenchy is going to give you the best color pay off for the lightest feel.  I'm not sure how they did it, but you can get almost the color range of a regular lipstick, but it applies dry and feels like almost nothing.  The one drawback is it's not permanent-permanent, ie it's going to wear off. But it lasts a really long time.

YSL tatouage is the cream of the crop, but it is not totally weightless on the lips.  This is going to give you the full color of a lipstick, any it is very lightweight, but it is not weightless.  You'll feel this and know it's there. It's not sticky like a lipgloss or cakey like a liquid matte, but if that's a dealbreaker for you, you won't like this.

The Sephora lip tint might be your best bet.  This is going to go on your lips, and once it's dry, you will truly not know it's there.  This is a classic, old school lip stain.  The main drawback is that the colors are limited to sheer, water-color effects. really long lasting. all day.

Surratt is a bit different. This is a sheer "almost lipstick" type. It applies sort of like a lip balm and dries down to leave your lips stained.  Leaves a similar, sheer tone as the sephora lip tint, except more color options.

Urban decay mousse - another odd lip product, the lip powder is new to the game. it applies dry, like a powder, and you can apply it very sheer or very opaque. It feels lightweight / non existent on the lips, but can transfer a lot.  

If you haven't noticed, I'm a lipstick junkie that is not into reapplying too 🙂 I own all of these. I like the tatouage the best, but I don't mind the feel of lipstick and I like bold colors.  i really like the sephora lip tint for subtle every day looks. the Surratt is still new to me but I think I'm going to like it a lot. let me know if you like any of these, or are looking for something different. good luck.

Anonymous Insider

What a great answer! Thank you so much!

Post some pictures if you find anything you like! 

I've actually been loving Bite Beauty Outburst Longwear Lip Stain. It applies like a lipstick but leaves a lip stain. My lips are always dry so I just apply a lip balm over it but I don't find the stain drying like others. And, it has their amazing signature scent!

https://www.sephora.com/product/outburst-longwear-lip-stain-P443746?skuId=2224103

I have been using Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Liquid Lip Blush & Cheek Tint Benetint

It gives my lips a cherry stain for days I just don’t want to do Liquid Lipstick. I don’t think i’ve had to reapply, but I don’t eat during the day, i’m a coffee girl, 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing