Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask

I've been using this mask for about 2 months now and I noticed, as it is getting colder, that my lips are more chapped during the day when I'm using other lip products. It's as if the balm conditioned my lips to depend on it. If I skip a night and don't use it, my lips get very tender and extremely dry. It's also not helping to repair my lips and only provides temporary comfort while using the product. Anyone elsehave the same experience? Any product suggestions to repair cracked lips (other than the Bite one)? Thank you! Update: I saw a video of dermatologist review the ingredients of the sleeping mask. Apparently, it’s full of fragrance and alcohol (she also said that it tastes good, making me lick it off over night while sleeping further exacerbating dryness) which explains why my lips are more chapped and peeling. I’m definitely not continuing to use this product. I’m giving the BKR balm a shot.

RE: LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask

Agreed. This product doesn’t work well at all. I have extremely dry lips from using Accutane many years ago. I have switched to Nivea intense moisture which had helped tremendously. I hate that it didn’t work because it does smell good and it’s a lot of product to throw away!

Re: LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask

The best nighttime lip mask hands down is Lansinoh nipple cream, I sh*t you not.  When you wake up in the morning and rub your lips with a warm washcloth, all of the dead skin rubs off. It's miraculous and disgusting at the same time! I recommend buying the minis instead of the big tube because the big tube lasts too long and gets gross.

Bahaha @annashoop11  This is an awesome tip!

@Lekkiijp Have you tried Jack Black Lip Balm? Jouer has another glossy lip balm too

@Lekkijp I've never found the Leneige mask to be all that.  I struggled for quite some time to see what everyone loved about it. I found that it was completely worn off by the morning and my lips weren't left moisturized as when I was using my bite masks.  I use the bite lip mask religiously now, but I've also had good luck during the day with the DE lippie, and shockingly the Mark Jacobs lip lock moisture balm.  I also enjoy the Clairins tinted oil during the day and the non tined at night.  I'm curious to try out the BKR now that I'm seeing so many votes for it!  Good luck fixing your lips!

The bkr is fantastic @missjeanie!

@eshoe I've added it to my loves list!  I'm working on finishing up a few before I buy more, but this is next on the to purchase list!

Great idea, @missjeanie-I need to remember to add masks to my loves list after reading about them here, I usually forget!

Anonymous Insider

this is the holy grail of masks. works like sheer perfection

I use the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair Lip Therapyduring the day if I need, and I switch out my laneige lip mask for a touch of the Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve Rosebud Salveso they stay hydrated overnight but there isn’t a dependence on the mask. I probably use the sleeping mask 1-2 times a week (never two nights in a row) and the salve the other nights, and I haven’t had a problem so far! @Lekkijp

@Lekkijp I love the Laneige Sleeping Mask before bedtime as well as the Tatcha Lip Balm and for the day I love Kopari Lip Balm and MAC Lip Conditioner.  I also love The BKR Water Balm and Kiehl's Lip Balm.

@SportyGirly125 I've really wanted to try the Tatcha balm.  Do you think it's really worth the price tag?

@CookieGirl1 Yes it is totally worth the price tag.  If you love Laneige you will love the Tatcha one.  @eshoe and @itsfi can back me up.

@CookieGirl1, I agree with @SportyGirly125 and @eshoe about the Tatcha Kissu - it’s really a nice balm. The Tatcha Camellia Gold Spun Lip Balm 0.21 oz/ 6 gis also a nice one. I’ve tried a sample of it and it does a nice job keeping my lips soft and moisturized.

The Kissu, @SportyGirly125@CookieGirl1? It is great and very similar to the Laneige (and bkr as well, all of which I 💗!). It’s slightly glossier than the Laneige. It was only LE though and is no longer available. Hoping they bring it for the holidays again!

@eshoe @SportyGirl125  I somehow didn't realize that it was LE! Bummer. 

Hey, at least it’s easier on your pocketbook this way @CookieGirl1😉 

@eshoe Yes the Kissu and the regular lip balm are amazing in my opinion.

I haven’t tried the regular balm yet @SportyGirly125! I was interested in the Gold one when it was part of a holiday set with a little gold mirror, but didn’t get it. Which balm do you have?

@eshoe I have all 4 colored lip balms and the original one with the purple lid with the gold overlay.  I have never tried the one with gold flakes.

27 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 78 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing