Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Kylie Cosmetics

Whether you love them or love to hate them, the Kardashian/Jenners have built an empire.  I never expected to succomb to the siren call of the fabled Kylie Lip Kit, but given that I have a teenager in my house, resistance was futile. I was surprised to find that I actually like most of the Kylie products I have tried. 🙂

Are you looking for swatches of any lipsticks/shadows/Kylighters?

Have a scoop about upcoming releases?

Would you like to share a review of a Kylie product?

Would you like to better understand the hype? 😉

If so, this thread is for you! 🙂

To start us off, here is my household collection of Kylie Liquid Lipsticks and Glosses:

kylie1.JPG

Spoiler
I only included unique colors, between myself and my daughter, we also have several dupes.

Left to Right:
1. D*mn Gina DS Gloss
2. Poppin' DS Gloss
3.  KoKo Collection Bunny Matte Liquid Lipstick
4.  KoKo Collection Sugar Plum Gloss
5.  KoKo Collection Bunny Matte Liquid Lipstick
6.  KoKo Collection Doll Matte Liquid Lipstick
7.  Dancer Metal Liquid Lipstick
8.  Kymajesty Metal Liquid Lipstick
9.  Love Bite Matte Liquid Lipstick
10. Posie K Matte Liquid Lipstick
11. Posie K Gloss [Note:  It is very annoying that the Lipstick and Gloss are not the same color...]
12. Candy K Matte Liquid Lipstick
13. Candy K Gloss
14. Strawberry Cream Velvet Lipstick
15. Koko K Matte Liquid Lipstick
16. Apricot Matte Liquid Lipstick
17. Dirty Peach Matte Liquid Lipstick
18. Exposed Matte Liquid Lipstick
19. Exposed Gloss
20. Maliboo Matte Liquid Lipstick
21. So Cute Gloss
22. Naked Velvet Lipstick
23. Birthday Suit Velvet Lipstick
24. Bare Velvet Lipstick
25. Commando Velvet Lipstick
26. KKW Kimmie Creme Liquid Lipstick
27. KKW Kiki Creme Liquid Lipstick
28. KKW Kim Creme Liquid Lipstick
29. KKW Kimberly Creme Liquid Lipstick

Closeups:
kylie2.JPG
kylie3.JPG
kylie4.JPG

Re: Kylie Cosmetics

In comparison to KVD and Colourpop, Kylie's matte liquid lipstick formula is in the middle imo. KVD is the most comfortable, transfer-proof matte formula, and Colourpop feels like concrete and crumbly (eck). Kylie's is somewhere in the middle. It feels semi crumbly but still has decent moisture content. 

My Kylie lip products are up there as one of my favorite formulas. I have three (so far) and they're consistently super lightweight and not too terribly drying, they're long lasting. I have two go-to lip colors in my collection, and if I need something that lasts Kylie Koko K is the one I grab.

I agree that the formula for the matte liquid lipsticks is very long lasting.  Koko K is one of my favorite colors!

@Nickelliebear1

@karap03 In my opinion, her lip products are the best products she makes. If you are into matte liquid lippies, I think you will like her formula. Her liquid lipsticks last as long as my KVD and Stila ones. I can't vouch for her highlighters and  blushes because  I have yet to try them but you can always ask @Tamara76 for her opinion since she is the Kylie queen around here lol maybe others can chime in and help if they have tried her other products?

@gonerogue  I'd say my daughter is more of the Kylie Queen - I'm just along for the ride - lol!

@karap03  I posted our face and eye palettes above. 

I love the Kylighters and adore my Koko Kollection face palette. 

I don't find the eyeshadows as pigmented or blendable as I would like - they remind me of the regular Morphe palettes, but the colors are really beautiful. 

However, my daughter really loves her Vacation palette and says the color is super buildable.

Hope this helps! ❤️

Do you guys think she'll restock one more time before the sale ends tomorrow morning? There was a restock yesterday around noon, so I've been waiting all day but there hasn't been one yet ;-;

All the Kylighters are OOS and all of the good freebies are gone. 

@Nerisai  I didn't see another restock - Were you able to get what you were looking for?

My little baby Kylie collection. +4 lipkits on their way!:) & forgot to grab my KKW lippies!

IMG_3224.JPG

Wore Birthday Suit last night and lasted through drinks and dance. Always impressed at the light weight formula and the lasting power!💙

Beautiful collection!  

Did you get the Nudes set in the Matte or Velvet formula?  I went with Velvet and I wish I'd gotten two because I split mine with my daughter and I really love all the colors.  🙂

I think this was the best sale I have seen from her yet!  We ended up placing two different orders and I think we bought like 3 lip kits and a Kyliner (never tried those) and got 1 lip kit, 2 glosses and a Kylighter as our GWP.  Not bad!

@StephaniLynn

@Tamara76 I got them in the matte formula. I want to get the velevets if they're still in stock though! 

Pretty lineup!  I still haven't tried these. So tempted. 

Let us know what you think if you do try them! 🙂

@heartsmyface

@StephaniLynn That's quite a collection you have there! Let me know how you end up liking the Vacation palette. I heard good reviews from Youtube gurus but... I don't 100% trust what they say so an honest opinion would be appreciated 🙂

Not someone I can support but I love seeing your collection @Tamara76 !

Understandable - Thanks! @ElleElleG 😘

Sooo many lippies so little time 😄

beauty makeup pastel lips lipstick GIF

That is a killer gif!  Love it!  💋💋💋  @Mcakes

I'm not a Kardashian family fan in the slightest but I do own a lot of the Kylie lip kits because I find they are some of the best on the market. I got her Valentine's Day eyeshadows back in February just to see how her other products were but wasn't a fan so I am sticking to lip products only. I picked up the lip Koko collection and some random matte liquid lipsticks during her BOGO sale yesterday and am looking forward to them 🙂

That sale was dangerous, wasn't it? 

I am also definitely a bigger fan of the lipsticks/glosses than the eyeshadows (I have the Burgundy and Royal Peach Palettes), but I like the highlighters, too - especially the KoKo Collection face palette.

Did you get the little Valentine kits?  I picked up two of those, too - so cute!  That's where I got the mini glosses.

@gonerogue

Yes! I loaded my cart with $120 initially and then I told myself I was only allowed to buy one lip collection (I had two *hehe*) and one lip kit but I still ended up spending roughly $95 ....BUT I do not regret it since I wear her lip kits almost everyday so it's a great investment 😉

Thanks for the thread! Kylie gets a lot of hate but she sure does know how to make great lip kits! @Tamara76

109 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos39
  • kylie1.JPG
  • kylie2.JPG
  • kylie3.JPG
  • kylie4.JPG
  • IMG_3224.JPG
  • FullSizeR(2).jpg
  • 20117386_10154935772238719_926048165_n.jpg
  • 20117618_10154935772228719_1920538991_n.jpg
  • julykylie.JPG