cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|
Anonymous Insider

Homecoming lipstick recommendations!

Hi!  I really love lipstick and I want to wear a matte lipstick to homecoming. I am wearing a royal blue dress; I have brown hair, green eyes, and very pale skin. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Homecoming lipstick recommendations!

I think a bright red would look beautiful with your light complexion. A personal favorite is Lady balls by too faced.

This one is also great! Just make sure to prep your lips well and consider a red or universal lip liner, for whatever reason, more than my other liquid lippies, this one always bleeds a little on me (you can also just conceal after application, this helps too)

Nars new liquid lipsticks are awesome! They stay put for a while and they dry matte.

They do dry matte but I haven't found them to be as transfer-proof personally...I will say though, the power pigments are definitely a richer and better formula (more matte and way more transfer-proof anyway) than their original liquid lip, IMO

What a pretty choice of color for your dress! I think vivid blue tones actually give you some of the nicest range of options to play with color-wise for your makeup look. Do you have plans yet for your other makeup? Ultimately, everyone can rock whatever lip they like with whatever eye look they like (yay makeup!), but sometimes people are looking for a little balance in the look (for example, choosing a more subdued lip color for a bolder eye look, or vice versa). A bright blue tone like you dress would be well suited by everything from a nude/dusty rose tone if you want something more subtle for the lip, to something really bold like a chocolatey brown, bright red/coral, or if you really wanna go bold, a blue or grey lip. For bolder shades, Anastasia really got them right in the newer matte lip bullets they came out with (great pigmentation and staying power) and they have some really awesome tones. For more traditional shades, I truly love the Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche formula, it is so comfortable and has great color pay off. I think there are also some lovely long-wear liquid lip mattes, like the Smashbox formula. Ultimately, you should try some out, maybe try them on in-store and then wear them around to see how they feel, transfer, wear with food/drink, etc. Happy lippie hunting and have a lovely time at homecoming!!
Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much for your help!! I was planning on doing a more bold lip and subtler eye. I was thinking a true blue red or a pinkish nude for the lipstick. I kinda need it to be kiss proof, so matte formulas would be great!

Transfer-proof is an absolute must for a night of dancing and more, I agree! They are a little drying, but for long-wear, the Kat Von D Everlasting lips are awesome, they have some beautiful reds and the Lolita shade is such a flattering pinky-nude-ish tone on so many complexions. Anastasia and Smashbox also have good formulas but I don't have reds in either of them that I have tried and could safely recommend. I'd avoid things like the Marc Jacobs, NARS, and Bite liquid lips-they are gorgeous formulas but definitely not transfer-proof!
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing