Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Best Dry Lip Product??

No matter what moisturizing product/mask I put on my lips I wake up everyday with my lips dry and cracked (I think I lick them at night or something weird like that bc I swear this isn't normal).

what is your holy grail lip moisturizing product because I feel like nothing I try works

Re: Best Dry Lip Product??

You may want to have your doctor check out your symptoms.  Based on what you are describing it sounds like an ongoing issue so it is quite possible it is a fungal infection.  You would need a prescription from you doctor to treat it.  

If Sephora's offering doesn't work out for you, try Vaseline. I suffered from literal cracks in my lip from using a product that caused an allergic reaction and my dermatologist recommended Vaseline. I used to spend $$$ on lip balms (I've tried Fresh, Hourgalss, Guerlain, Laroche Posay, Bite, Caudalie, Nuxe just to name a few) but ever since I use Vaseline + drink plenty of water + use a humidifier when I sleep I never have chapped lips again.

For real, Neosporin Overnight Renewal Therapy. Comes in a little pot and cost about $6 US. I use it every night and haven’t had chapped lips in years and I live in New England. My CVS has it with the chapstick near the cold products. 

It's been mentioned already, just backing it up - I love the bite lip mask for nighttime and then I use the jack black balm during the day! I have terribly dry lips and these two are my favorite products 🙂

Clarins Lip Oil! 

I hate spending $26 on it, but I have been sorely reminded of how well it works lately. I slacked off on using it when it was warmer and more humid, but once the weather turned cold and dry, my lips chapped and cracked immediately. Once a day before bed, and once again whenever I wear lipstick (which is only a couple of days a week for me; I apply it before I start my other makeup, and then blot well and apply lipstick as my last step) and my lips are soft and smooth instead of dry and peeling. I use a scrub once or twice a week on an as needed basis, but before I started back on the lip oil, I was having to scrub daily 😒

My favorites are Nuxe lip pot and Aerins Rose balm...however, I've been very impressed with the samples of Fresh Lip Therapy I recentlyl received and think I would purchase that next. The Nuxe has a citrusy grapefruity taste (to me) and the rose balm a rose flavor/scent.  The Fresh one is pretty neutral.  I do have a ton of balms too that have not done much for me.

RE: Best Dry Lip Product??

Nuxe Lip Balm (the pot) is my holy grail. I use it at night and right before using lipstick. It’s matte and ultra hydrating so it’s perfect under lipstick. During the day, I use First Aid Beauty Lip Therapy. It’s amazing.

100% the Bite Lip set. That sleeping mask (in their cherry red color) just softens and moisturizes my lips like nothing else. I made the mistake of wearing KVD bullet lipstick once (horribly drying and just disappointing). It solved all those problems and made my lips look pink and plush. 

I love the Bite Beauty lip set (scrub, chapstick, mask) for every other day, and once a week I use the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. For days when I know I'm gonna wear a matte lippy, I'll use a Lush sugar scrub and follow it up with the Smith's Rosebud Salve.

So the Bite beauty & Laneige lip masks are really awesome...

So the Bite beauty & Laneige lip masks are really awesome & my faves as well that I use frequently. Recently from illness my lips were severly chapped, sore & just unbearably painful then I found Blistex conditioning lip serum at target for like $3 & it saved my lips it was so soothing. Highly recommend u give it a try its a keeper.

Jack Black Lip Balm works wonders  for me especially in the winter. 

I like the Bite Agave ones because they come tinted!!

I like the Bite Agave ones because they come tinted!!

The Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask is phenomenal @taylorhunsleyy! I just started using it and I always wake up with super soft lips! During the day the Bite Agave Lip Mask is amazing. Also, I find that using a lip scrub also helps a lot during the winter. EDIT: sorry @darlyndar! I didn't see you post your comment until I posted mine.

Re: RE: Best Dry Lip Product??

@juliehnguyen don’t be sorry! That’s why we’re all here! I see we do the same exact thing! Lol. They are both truly amazing products. I own all 3 shades in the Bite Agave so that’s saying something! 

RE: Re: RE: Best Dry Lip Product??

These products are just spectacular @darlyndar! Literally said bye to chapped lips ever since I started using all three of them together. I was using the Dior Creme de Rose and Agave Lip Mask but it was getting too expensive (but more like I just wanted to try new products hahaha) so I gave the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask and I am so thankful to the SA that recommended me this product. And omg I've been eyeing the two colors of the Agave Lip Mask for ages (I only have the clear one) but I still have a few Dior Lip Addict and Creme de Rose that I wanted to use up first. How's the pigment for the Agave Lip Mask?

Re: RE: Re: RE: Best Dry Lip Product??

@juliehnguyen The red gives the perfect flush of color to your lips. It’s very natural. I actually use the champagne color with a nude liner and it’s great for everyday shimmer. It’s not very pigmented-more shimmery. The clear is what I use when I’m at the gym or around the house. I’m waiting for the day the Laneige comes in tube form! Lol. It reminds me sooo much of the Givenchy Le Rouge balm which is why I love it soooo much. I use that as well under my really matte lipsticks. I also like the Sol De Janeiro for that too. Apparently I love balms! 

I'm so jelly of your lip balm collection @darlyndar! I need (or is it just want?) that red agave lip mask because I've been into wearing lip balms with a hint of color this winter. But I've been trying my best to stop buying impulsively ever since my delivery guy always jokes around and says "here's yet another package for Julie". It worked up to the beginning of November but ever since the VIB sale and all the other deals going on, I'm like...IMG_3068.PNG

This ... this is the gif of the month lol @juliehnguyen

LOL @blackkitty2014. The struggle is real...My wallet has such a love-hate relationship (though it's more "hate") when it comes to holidays shopping.

Bite beauty Agave lip mask and the Laneige sleep lip mask. Those two WORK. Laneige comes in a pot and does work better before bed. Bite comes in a tube and I use it throughout the day as my lip balm when I’m not wearing lipstick.
20 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • IMG_3068.PNG
testing