Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Besame Lipsticks!!

A fellow BTer just pointed out to me that a handful of the Besame Lipsticks shades are now available on Sephora's website!!!! 

Re: Besame Lipsticks!!

Cross-posted:

Besame Fall 2017

(And Besame also confirmed they will have shipping to Canada by the time the Snow White Collection launches. I suspect Sephora may not get it.. but that's just a hunch.)

besame agent carter.JPG

I also asked this in the Canadian Peeps thread, but some of you may have other ideas!

Does anyone know anywhere else to get Besame lipsticks from aside from Sephora or Besame directly?

I'm looking for Portrait Pink and Debutante Pink (I waited too long to get them from Besame). I see Birchbox US has them, but I don't have a US shipping address so right now that won't work.

Update: Found them! In case anyone else ends up looking, know that there are other places to find the lipsticks!

So I bought a second Besame lipstick (yay Birchbox points) and this one came with a velvet pouch.  My first one did not.  Comparing the tubes, they seem to have been produced at different times.  My Red Hot Red (left) is slightly taller, has a lighter color and has a shorter lid; my Portrait pink (right) is shorter, golder, and has a lid that extends down much farther.  I think when the lipstick was made determines if a pouch is in the box or not.  Also, I will be posting pics of Portrait Pink in the lipstick playground thread tomorrow Robot Happy

image.jpg

My first Besame lipsticks were purchased about a year ago, from their website and I got the velvet pouches too. However, the tubes are the same as the one I got from Sephora.

As a side note: can you believe the first 2 colors I bought were Dusty Rose and Chocolate Kiss?! I only got a red once Sephora started carrying them! Now of course I want all the reds! 🙂

The one I got from Sephora had no pouch and the one from Birchbox had one, might also be where you buy from then...

Yeah, I wonder, unless they are phasing out the velvet pouches...on their website it shows only one lipstick pictured with a pouch and the rest...pouchless

They aren't doing pouches anymore. I ordered a Red Velvet for my Bestie's birthday and it didn't have a pouch so I emailed them about it and they said they weren't going to use them anymore. And shortly after that, they changed the pictures on the website to remove the pouches. It's a bummer because I really like the pouch!

yeah, it was a cute little extra and keeps the casing from getting scratched in my purse

These look lovely. Any idea on if they will be available in stores?

I have such mixed feelings about Besame. The lipsticks look gorgeous, but (seemingly unlike most people) I can't get over the packaging, it looks so tacky to me. That said, I may have to try it in any case, the reviews have been wonderful. 

I like the packaging

Temptalia just posted a review of Besame red and American Beauty - both A ratings!

For some reason I can't get on her site atm, but I'm glad she posted reviews so I can see if I already have similar dupes and justify buying one if I don't. 😉

That's what I love about Temptalia! I really feel like the Besame lippies are worth the $$ even if you have a close dupe simply because of their staying power.

Besame is for sale in Birchbox's shop.  They have the four shades not sold at Sephora: Carmine, Debutante Pink, Exotic Pink, Portrait Pink.  They do not sell the reds at this time.  

The shipping on them is not free this particular month, since they are not in this month's boxes (standard shipping is $5 for orders under $50).  I'm hoping they feature Besame soon so I can skip that shipping charge!  Maybe they'll give out the matchstick versions?

On Besame's website they released a double ended lip liner that works with red velvet, red hot red, American beauty, and cherry red - I may have to break my "no more makeup for awhile" vow.

My Red Velvet Lippie arrived today 😄
and im in love with it. Wanting more lippies from Besame 🙂
my only question is do the lippies not come with the little red pouch case thing????
I..Kinda wanted that little red bag to slip my lippie in it looked cute..

I think only tango red comes with the velvet pouch. I didn't get one with my noir red.

I got a velvet bag, and I ordered Red Hot Red.

I didn't get one with my Red Hot Red...

121 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos16
  • IMG_4919.JPG
  • lipstick-besamedustyrose-2-18-2015bEDIT - Copy.jpg
  • lipstick-besameambeauty-5-4-2015bEDIT - Copy.jpg
  • IMG_3858.JPG
  • IMG_3858.JPG
  • 20150507_163756_2.jpg
  • image.jpg