Sephora

Stores & Services
Find a Sephora

Happening at Sephora

View all

Services

From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Any Recommendations?

I have a 15 year old daughter that is constantly having issues with extremely dry lips. She must keep Chapstick/lip balm within reach. She doesn't really care for having any color in her lip balm so I have been searching for something for her that will aid her in keeping her lips truly moisturized without any color. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Re: Any Recommendations?

@ladykimi,

 

I suggest the Bite BeautyAgave Lip Mask. It is called a mask however, it can be applied daily and I use mine as a night treatment.

 

https://www.sephora.com/product/agave-lip-mask-P384629?skuId=1575042&icid2=products%20grid:p384629

❤️ Melissa

RE: Any Recommendations?

The best chapstick I’ve ever tried (I always have dry lips) is Aquaphor. Its $5 at any drugstore and you can buy the SPF version. Once I put it on, my lips are moisturized for hours and so incredibly smooth the next day. It works better than my Laniege Lip Mask. I always have one on me.

Re: RE: Any Recommendations?


KaylynMB wrote:
The best chapstick I’ve ever tried (I always have dry lips) is Aquaphor. Its $5 at any drugstore and you can buy the SPF version. Once I put it on, my lips are moisturized for hours and so incredibly smooth the next day. It works better than my Laniege Lip Mask. I always have one on me.


Thank you. I'll get it for her to try.

Re: Any Recommendations?

I highly recommend Blistex Lip Conditioner (available at almost any drugstore/Walmart).  I tend to get really dry lips in the winter and I also suffer from super sensitive skin.  This stuff works miracles.  Put it on overnight and your cracked lips will be healed in the morning.  Its clear but creates a nice shine on your lips.  I've been complimented on having "a really nice lipgloss" when I've worn it.  Use this exact productUse this exact product

Re: Any Recommendations?


LilyGee04 wrote:

I highly recommend Blistex Lip Conditioner (available at almost any drugstore/Walmart).  I tend to get really dry lips in the winter and I also suffer from super sensitive skin.  This stuff works miracles.  Put it on overnight and your cracked lips will be healed in the morning.  Its clear but creates a nice shine on your lips.  I've been complimented on having "a really nice lipgloss" when I've worn it.  Use this exact productUse this exact product


Nice! Thank you. And it is medicated I believe. I'll have her give it a shot.

Re: Any Recommendations?

This past winter I needed something really potent. Jouer's Lip Enhancer Conditioning Lip Treatment (available at Nordstrom) was a godsend. I used that during the day, and the Laneige Lip Mask at night.

Re: Any Recommendations?

Nice! Thank you. We'll give it a try.

Re: Any Recommendations?

When I was in need of some major lip moisturizing help a Sephora SA recommended I use Creme Abricot Cream (a nail cream) by Dior as a lip balm. She said many people used it as a lip cream and that in her experience there was nothing out there that worked as well. I bought it and after one night I was a believer. It is very thick and goopy but works miracles. You use the tiniest amount so the little pot will easily last a year or more. I have definitely never come across anything better than this for dry, cracked lips.

Re: Any Recommendations?


grizzlymaze wrote:

When I was in need of some major lip moisturizing help a Sephora SA recommended I use Creme Abricot Cream (a nail cream) by Dior as a lip balm. She said many people used it as a lip cream and that in her experience there was nothing out there that worked as well. I bought it and after one night I was a believer. It is very thick and goopy but works miracles. You use the tiniest amount so the little pot will easily last a year or more. I have definitely never come across anything better than this for dry, cracked lips.


That sounds interesting. I like the idea of it being thick and lasting a long time since she goes through an entire Chapstick in less than a week. Thank you. Great suggestion!

Re: Any Recommendations?

The Bite Agave Lip Mask is really nice, provided your daughter doesn't have a lanolin allergy. A similar product (a bit lighter, which I prefer for daytime wear), though not available at Sephora, is the Glossier Balm-dot-com. The Glossier also comes in a few untinted or barely tinted flavours, which might appeal to your 15-year-old. 

 

I do second the Sephora Honey Lip Scrub for getting rid of dry flakes, although that's more of a temporary measure rather than a true fix for her dry lips. 

Re: Any Recommendations?


concreteroads wrote:

The Bite Agave Lip Mask is really nice, provided your daughter doesn't have a lanolin allergy. A similar product (a bit lighter, which I prefer for daytime wear), though not available at Sephora, is the Glossier Balm-dot-com. The Glossier also comes in a few untinted or barely tinted flavours, which might appeal to your 15-year-old. 

 

I do second the Sephora Honey Lip Scrub for getting rid of dry flakes, although that's more of a temporary measure rather than a true fix for her dry lips. 


No allergies. And thank you so much! I truly love these suggestions. I really believe she'll finally find some relief. Thank you!

Re: Any Recommendations?

@ladykimi I’ve really had great results with the Farmacy Honey Butter Lip Balm!! As far as keeping my lips moisturized, this is the best I’ve used so far!! I work in a Dental office and pretty much wear a mask ALL DAY— which really dries out my lips and face— this lip balm has really made an improvement and I find that I don’t have to constantly keep applying. The only thing I have to mention is that it doesn’t really have “flavor.” Most people that reviewed this seem to detect nothing, but I have a sensitive nose and to me there is just a slight fragrance of beeswax/honey. Not sure how important that is to her, just thought I’d point that out. 😉

I would also have to agree with @fieldsofclover on the Burt’s Bees!! They are great too, plus they have some good “flavors” as well. I also agree that HOW you apply makes a big difference— circular motions really help to make sure the balm is getting in there and soaking in well!

Here’s a link for the Farmacy Lip Balm, if you feel like checking it out 👇

 

https://www.sephora.com/product/honey-butter-beeswax-lip-balm-P428416?skuId=2042794&om_mmc=oth-textm...

 

Re: Any Recommendations?


Shosh85 wrote:

@ladykimi I’ve really had great results with the Farmacy Honey Butter Lip Balm!! As far as keeping my lips moisturized, this is the best I’ve used so far!! I work in a Dental office and pretty much wear a mask ALL DAY— which really dries out my lips and face— this lip balm has really made an improvement and I find that I don’t have to constantly keep applying. The only thing I have to mention is that it doesn’t really have “flavor.” Most people that reviewed this seem to detect nothing, but I have a sensitive nose and to me there is just a slight fragrance of beeswax/honey. Not sure how important that is to her, just thought I’d point that out. 😉

I would also have to agree with @fieldsofclover on the Burt’s Bees!! They are great too, plus they have some good “flavors” as well. I also agree that HOW you apply makes a big difference— circular motions really help to make sure the balm is getting in there and soaking in well!

Here’s a link for the Farmacy Lip Balm, if you feel like checking it out 👇

 

https://www.sephora.com/product/honey-butter-beeswax-lip-balm-P428416?skuId=2042794&om_mmc=oth-textm...

 


I never knew that, about applying in a circular motion. Thank you. I'm glad you mentioned that. I'll tell her.

Re: Any Recommendations?

@ladykimi I had this problem for years. What's working best for me now is a combination of several things: I keep several Eos lip balms around the house, wherever I tend to sit and study or do things, so there's always one at hand. I also have a Burt's Bees one on my nightstand to use before I go to sleep, since it's a little waxier.

 

One thing that helped a lot, especially using the Eos, is to put it on with little circular scrubbing motions instead of just swiping it on... this works it into any spaces and helps prevent painful cracks! I actually don't use Chapstick brand anymore or other things that are mostly petrolatum or mineral oils, because it's a protectant but not really moisturizing.

 

Sephora has a terrific lip sugar scrub that comes in a tube... The sugar melts away and leaves clear balm, so you can actually carry it on the go instead of only using at home. Make sure to buy the yellow tube; it's stocked with the lip balms and the others are plain.

 

Also, when I'm dehydrated, this is far more of a problem for me. There's just no substitute for making sure your body is getting enough water!$6!$6!

 

Re: Any Recommendations?


fieldsofclover wrote:

@ladykimi I had this problem for years. What's working best for me now is a combination of several things: I keep several Eos lip balms around the house, wherever I tend to sit and study or do things, so there's always one at hand. I also have a Burt's Bees one on my nightstand to use before I go to sleep, since it's a little waxier.

 

One thing that helped a lot, especially using the Eos, is to put it on with little circular scrubbing motions instead of just swiping it on... this works it into any spaces and helps prevent painful cracks! I actually don't use Chapstick brand anymore or other things that are mostly petrolatum or mineral oils, because it's a protectant but not really moisturizing.

 

Sephora has a terrific lip sugar scrub that comes in a tube... The sugar melts away and leaves clear balm, so you can actually carry it on the go instead of only using at home. Make sure to buy the yellow tube; it's stocked with the lip balms and the others are plain.

 

Also, when I'm dehydrated, this is far more of a problem for me. There's just no substitute for making sure your body is getting enough water!$6!$6!

 Oohhhhh this sounds good. I think I'll get her one of each. With the combination of scrubs and moisturizer it just might do the trick. I truly appreciate everyone's responses. I look forward to having her try these and start getting some relief. 


 

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 793 views
  • 42 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos2
  • $6!
  • Use this exact product
testing