cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty

K-beauty advice

Basics of korean skin care routine?

Re: K-beauty advice

@Guadas The basics would be cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. From there, you can then add in steps to meet your skin's needs. K-skincare tends to focus on hydration with multiple, hydrating layers so that's where you'll see multiple toner, essence, serum, ampoule, and mask steps come in. 

@Guadas @Here’s a chart

78FF3760-AAEF-485C-865F-03A48C5BD90E.jpeg

Wow, those are a lot of steps/products. Here I am struggling to find a K moisturizer, not knowing that I need other products. Is there a tutorial showing/explaining those steps?

I am trying to adopt a Korean skincare routine, but I don't know where to start, what Korean products to use, and where to purchase them if not found in Sephora, Ulta, etc.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you. @SportyGirly125 

@GiniePR I am pretty sure you can do a Youtube search on Korean skincare to help guide you in the right direction. 

here are some You can watch

10E6E6D7-BD3E-49A9-8DED-CF0FD1B4113A.png

76CE6F92-D726-437F-92BF-CCF2CCAE9211.png

B52178CC-F12B-47B0-97E1-CAD05453462C.png

Yes, Youtube is full of information, too much, haha. I'm starting to gain interest in adopting a K beauty skincare routine. It's always pleasant to know someone who's been there, done that 😊. I am following Chingu Amiga, but she lives in Mexico, and I haven't seen a list/post of the products she uses. Based on her fan comments, K beauty products are hard to find in Mexico; I wonder if that's the same thing for the U.S. I will watch those videos and keep exploring. Hopefully, I can find what I need. Thank you. @SportyGirly125 

@GiniePR @You can find k beauty products in the US. Besides Ulta and Sephora you can buy them on Amazon. I even get mine from the Asian grocery stores.  I live in an Asian city so it’s easier for me to find them.  Another great brand is Skin Food. 

@SportyGirly125 An esthetician told me to stay away from Amazon for skincare products due to fake products (cause reactions, breakouts), corrupt sellers, etc.,  but to go there for k names and reviews and purchase products through the actual retailer. It's just that shipping from Korea may be costly. I am glad I found this group; I will be researching recommended products. Thank you.

@GiniePR Yes I heard the same thing. For instance Tatcha is sold at Amazon and Caudalie but they have an Amazon storefront. As long as it’s the brand selling it you should be okay. 

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos4
  • 78FF3760-AAEF-485C-865F-03A48C5BD90E.jpeg
  • 76CE6F92-D726-437F-92BF-CCF2CCAE9211.png
  • 10E6E6D7-BD3E-49A9-8DED-CF0FD1B4113A.png
  • B52178CC-F12B-47B0-97E1-CAD05453462C.png
testing