Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty

#Hyperpigmentation blemishes

# hyperpigmentation 

#Anybody here who can suggest some best priduct for hyperpigmentation? Thank you

Re: #Hyperpigmentation blemishes

I have dry sensitive skin that is post inflammatory blemish prone whenever it's irritated, and my partner has the oily acne skin that is only sensitive when he isn't doing his routine properly. Asian beauty works for both of us without issue so far (thankfully):

We both have a good time using CosRX snail cream and snail essence for results, but he prefers the texture of the peach slices snail toner to the CosRX essence. Beauty of Joseon and iUniK do very nice serums with snail mucin as well. These 3 brands also do great propolis products I have liked a lot (from bees). 
I love Peach & Lily, Krave Beauty for their lactic acid serums to help gentle skin barrier repair that helps minimize blemishes and the severity of them.

Rovectin works nicely for us both to not irritate either of our skin and just gently condition the skin to reduce skin irritation. I have explored a lot more options for being more soothing for the skin to prevent inflammation to occur so my acne doesn't erupt again when my skin barrier is damaged. Pretty much any toner I have tried out works in some fashion for my skin for hydration and soothing. I use my toners and essences on him as well and it's never an issue, I just see much dramatic results since my skin is the one gasping for hydration all the time.

Some toners/ essences I like a lot are:
CosRX: snail 96 essences; galactomyces 95, hydrium watery toner, propolis toner, Full Fit Propolis Synergy toner

Pyung Kang Yul Calming Deep Moisture toner

Rovectin treatment lotion

Neogen Real Ferment Micro Essence

Tower 28: SOS spray
Tiam: Vita B3 Mist Toner, My Signature Vita B5 Toner

My partner enjoys sheet masks a lot and that's what keeps him motivated to do his skin care day and night, so his overall skin texture and tone is improving. But he needs salicylic acid and benozyl peroxide (which he isn't going to get from Asian skincare) for actually tackling his acne at the source. But overall skin maintenance is definitely superior in Asian skincare and works out to be much cheaper and never causes reaction issues for either of us.

For stronger tyrosinase inhibitors and actives - like retinaldehyde (I chose to use it over retinol to be able to use it more easily with the rest of my extensive routine), there is the Beauty of Joseon eye cream that's actually a gel texture and I use it all over the face and do many others. There are retinol options readily available from multiple brands too like COsRX.
Other less common actives like kojic acid [haven't see in K beauty personally], alpha arbutin, azelaic acid [haven;t see in k-beauty readily], resveratrol [also have not seen in k-beauty], and more stable forms of vit C, I opt for US products - these are optional and you may find other ingredients work for you so you don't need to use at all. 

For moisturizer I like to go for the very thick ones that will keep my skin plumped up and moisturized all day no matter the weather. I love the Heimish Marine eye cream as a face + neck moisturizer, Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng cream 4th and 5th generations, Rovectin moisturizers, CosRX snail cream, Pyungkang Yuk Calming moisturizer, Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Face Cream.

Depending on my combination of actives that night or if I need extra skin TLC, I may layer with a mask on top of the chosen moisturizer - like the laneige Cica Sleep mask or one of the Sulhwasoo overnight masks.

East Asian sunscreens are very advanced and diverse, you can find plenty for your preferences, and it's much cheaper than over here too - win win. Blemish recovery and using any active requires good sunscreen practice to not further damage the skin and promote blemish healing more.

No matter how many actives you want to try or not try, introduce new ingredients and products one by one to your existing routine so you can identify if something isn't good for your skin.

> A few more brands to try out items from that are well loved by K beauty fans and that I can vouch for: Axis-Y, Purito, Skin1004.

Do message if you want to ask about any specific products by any of these brands or others, some I have at least tried a sample from might have slipped my radar in listing things off : )

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing