cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|
Anonymous Insider

Adult Acne from hell!

Ok so ike many I just want my high school skin back! Can you help us/my skin/ me get back on base.  Please hear me out. All the way until I was maybe like 23 or so my skin was beautiful with responses  like oooh and ahhh , what do you use ?! my response was " um ....... soap? Is there something else I should be doing?"  At first every so often a few small pimples would appear so I'd treat it cover it up and move on. After that i honestly cant tell you what happened , I'm 26 now and blemishes are rarely not the center of attention especially so when applying  my foundation ( I never used to use foundation). At this point I've had family members question my acne , especially my mother whom is insistent that we have dry skin although I see her skin as oily with a caked on layer of dryness above her skins flem( for lack of a better word). I have noted my own skin being dry or tight feeling  even after my first night using a Neutrogena hydronic skin cleanser lotion followed by the creme shop drink up skin mask . What am I doing wrong ? After applying a moisturizing lotion daily  after a gentle cleanser and a hydrating primer by elf my Mac studio fix fluid foundation is still sticking to dry patches and making me essentially seem to gave face dandruff so much especially on my hairline that i first assumed it was actual dandruff. I wish I had a makeup remover towelette to just sludge all the sludge off but Idk where to start! A ten step routine is not going to work for me, it was hard enough to use a diet to attempt to correct my skin( although when my skin was best I ate junk food instead of dinner)

Re: Adult Acne from hell!

Hi, @Anonymous!  What I immediately notice missing is an exfolliator/scrub.  Consider adding one to your routine two to three (or more) times a week.  This will help with cell turnover and the flakiness you are experiencing.  I like Fresh Soy Face Exfoliant.  I use it in place of my cleanser when I use it.

RE: Adult Acne from hell!

Your situation sounds like what I just went through. I had beautiful skin in high school and early twenties. Then i started to get acne which became so bad it even caused acne scars. I even went a whole year without wearing any foundation to see if I could control the acne situation to no avail. Funny thing happened. I recently had my wisdom teeth removed since they were harvesting a lot of bacteria and making it risky for infections for me. As soon as I had them removed my skin instantly improved. I don’t know if it’s life habits that may be contributing to the acne like my situation. What I use is Burt’s Bees micelles cleansing towelettes to remove makeup. Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser daily. Clinique hydrating jelly with the irritation active cartridge concentrate. Finally, Boscia Exfoliating Peel Gel twice a week. It sounds like a lot, but it’s really not.

Starting with a 10 step skin care routine is hard!! Find a makeup remover that works for you, some sort of spot treatment for acne and a moisturizer that works for you! Set reminders on your phone and make it part of a nightly ritual! Light a candle if you need to! After this becomes a habit you can start adding other steps to your skincare routine! But first, you need to get to the routine. Hope that helps!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Adult Acne from hell!

Have been using dermalmd skin lightening serum for a month now. Was suffering with horrible oily, adult acne prone skin. Decided to give this a try along with changing my cleanser and using jojoba oil as a moisturiser after this serum. My skin loved this serum from first use and is only getting better. If I miss the serum I notice my skin doesn’t quite have the same look so I would say this has made a huge difference. Acne is disappearing but I don’t attribute that to this serum but it is helping the overall appearance. For anyone interested I’m using, pixie glycolic toner, this serum and then jojoba with tee tree. The jojoba oil has stopped my skin producing so much slime which I believe has helped stop the acne. Hopefully this serum will now work it’s magic on the scaring left behind.

Hi @Anonymous. It sounds to me like your skin could use more hydration. How much water do you drink? As far as a skincare routine, what other products do you use? Does your skin feel tight even after moisturizing?
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing