Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders

Foundation recommendations

Hey I’m trying to find the perfect foundation for an upcoming wedding. I can’t seem to find one that gives great coverage but also looks radiant.

I have tried the famous Armani silk foundation but sadly it didn’t work for me 😞  And Estée Lauder looks too cakey on me. 

Does any have recommendations of what foundations have worked for you and what products you use under it.   Thank you for your time! 

Re: Foundation recommendations

The charlotte tillbury airbrush flawless filter is notorious for being very glowy. However I would say it only gives medium coverage. As for full coverage I would go with the KVD full coverage good apple foundation. It honestly is one of the best full coverage foundations at

Sephora! If you want a bit of a glow I would recommend mixing a bit of highlighter in with your foundation. I would recommend using the iconic London Illuminator or the rare beauty highlighter!

Hello Lucy would recommend the following foundations based off of what you described!

Haus Labs Triclone Skin Foundation (glowy)

Makeup Forever HD Foundation (soft matte)

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15 (natural finish)

Urban Decay Stay Naked Foundation (matte)

NARS Sheer Glow (glowy)

MakeupByMario Foundation (matte)

Hourglass Vanish Stick Foundation (matte)

MAC Studio Face and Body

You can also use the Mac strobe cream underneath your foundation or you can use the ELF halo glow liquid filter. These products will give you the glow that you want to achieve. I'll work for me and they are my tried-and-true some of them are mad but majority of them are luminous and dewy. Good luck finding a perfect foundation and I hope I was of some help to you! Have a great rest of your evening!

An amazing combo I’ve found is the Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Glow Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Niacinamide for primer, then the Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Serum Foundation . Beautiful coverage that’s not cakey! Good luck! @Lucygirl212 

@Lucygirl212 I am obsessed with Dior Dior Forever Matte Foundation SPF 15 for long lasting buildable coverage. If I want fuller coverage, Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation is a good option too. 

No matter which foundation I use, I wear Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ underneath to prime.  

@Lucygirl212 I used Make Up Forever Ultra HD foundation for my wedding. I did my own makeup. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing