Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Face Moisturizer

What's your favorite facial moisturizer!? I'm in my mid 30s and currently use philosophy's facial moristurizer (llight yellow, small bottle) + wanted suggestions before buying a bigger bottle.  Thanks in advance! 

Re: Face Moisturizer

@mt2xe During the day and under makeup, I will use CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet. At night, I prefer a thicker consistency so I use DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream

Anonymous Insider

CeraVe Ultra-Light Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 &  Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream are the recommended products for facial moisturizer. I hope you like them too 1:)

I have dry, sensitive skin. I am currently loving the Kiehl's Creme d'Elegance Repairateur, but I previously used the KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Deep Moisture Balm and KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Ultra Facial Cream

Hi @mt2xe,

It's winter, so my skin get a little more drier than usual, so I use something more heavy duty such as a facial oil. If I'm really dry, I'll even use a moisturizer on top of my face oil. I really love the  Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. It's lightweight and it instantly hydrates my skin while giving it a healthy glow. I like to layer the LANEIGE - Water Bank Moisture Creamor LANEIGE - Water Sleeping Mask at night. 

Stay Gorgeous and Hydrated,

Penelope

<333

Short answer = Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer and Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate.

Long-winded answer=

I have mild combination skin, nothing too severe, also mid30s. Honestly, the best thing I did for moisturizing my face was to switch to balm and oil cleansers. I rotate between Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm and Tatcha's Camellia Cleansing Oil. Tatcha is my favorite but pricey.

For actual moisturizers I've used Tatcha products for a little over a year now. For drier skin/cold weather days, the silk cream is quite good, because it's a little heavier. On the go, I use the Dewy Mist Spray, and if I'm home I use the Dewy Skin Night Concentrate. And if you want to go whole hog, you can get the Essence, which you put on before moisturizer to plump the skin and make them work better. Ive only been using the Essence for a week, though. I definitely like the feel of it, super soft, but I don't know yet if it's *really* working. The disadvantage, aside from price, is all of these are really easy to overdo, and will feel sticky or heavy if you put on too much. Lots of people like the water cream, I've heard it's less heavy than the silk cream, and I think Sephora has a mini of that in a set. I won't use it, though, because I object to gold in my face products.

If you're looking for something at a little lower price point, but still very good, you can try Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation Perfecting Moisturizer. That's what I used for two years before I switched to Tatcha. It's lighter and more forgiving if you apply too much and Sephora sells a travel size if you want to test it before committing to a full size. (BTW, Tatcha's site sells travel size of nearly all their stuff, if you want to test without wasting big jars and bottles) If I stop using Tatcha, I'll go back to Ole Henriksen. It has licorice as well, which is supposed to have a host of skin benefits.

Hope that helps!

What's your skin type, @mt2xe?

I have combination skin, and wouldn't mind it having some anti-aging properties, as I'm in my mid 30s! 

@mt2xe mine is FRESH - Rose Deep Hydration Moisturizer

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing