Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Best chance for reward IPhone or IPad or Computer?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could give any tips about trying to snatch a reward tomorrow. Has anyone seen any difference on using an IPad vs their iPhone? I also have a laptop. I also have a family member with a much newer phone than mine so would it be a good idea for me to have them download the Sephora app on their phone and sign in that way and sign out on my phone( I have a 12 pro and they have a 15!)? I made sure and updated my phone with the latest Sephora app update, I just know what I want is going to go super quick and I’ve never really been this interested in an item before! THANK YOU!

Re: Best chance for reward IPhone or IPad or Computer?

@AmyC I have the app and use that to score the bigger rewards. It’s just convenience for me. I have done it on desktop with no issues. 

@AmyC  The only high demand reward I ever try to get is the $100 Rouge Reward. I’ve gotten them on my laptop (MacBook Pro circa 2019), iPad (used to have the original iPad Pro, upgraded last summer to a 4th Gen Pro), and iPhone XS. Things I’ve noticed: 

1. Make sure you’re logged in to your Sephora account (not just this BIC online community/forum) before you visit the Rewards Bazaar. You don’t want a reauthentication challenge during checkout, which will slow you down. 

2. Model/age of mobile device doesn’t matter as much as having the latest OS installed (unless your device has a VERY slow processor, which yours shouldn’t since it’s a 12). You don’t have to do the latest iOS/iPadOS update to snag a reward, of course. But my old iPhone sometimes runs a bit better after an iOS update. 

3. I never use Sephora’s app to get a high demand reward. Heck, I don’t use the app at all unless it’s the only way to get a specific offer/deal/promo I want. For me, the app’s too glitchy and has other issues I can’t overlook. Instead, I always open a mobile browser on my iPhone or iPad (usually Chrome, though Safari and Firefox are sometimes faster) and visit Sephora’s website. 

4. Some folks say the app is faster than the website when it comes to getting rewards. I can’t vouch for that since I don’t use the app, but maybe someone who’s used both the app and site can offer insight. 

5. If you wanna use your laptop, make sure you have the latest version of whichever browser you’ll use. (If your laptop’s a Chromebook, I’m pretty sure you can run Sephora’s app on it.) 

6. Don’t try snagging a reward while you’re away from your home internet connection (example: during commute to work/school/etc.) unless it’s typically slow and you have access to a faster network elsewhere. You don’t want any internet connection glitches/handoffs getting in your way. If you plan to do this via cellular (wireless) data connection, make sure you’ve got lots of bars. 

You should be fine using your own iPhone instead of a family member’s newer phone. Yours is newer than mine, and I’ve had no problem getting Rouge Rewards at drop time with my iPhone XS. 🙂 May the odds be ever in your favor! 

@AmyC I recommend  going on exactly at 9am PDT.  Have an empty basket get your reward and checkout right away.

Hi! 
it really depends sometimes you can get it sometimes they go quick what I would reccomend is refreshing on whatever your using that way when they show up they are loaded and visible. Hope you get some great ones 💕 @AmyC 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing