Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Beauty Insider 5K/10K Rewards Promotion FAQs

1.) Why is Sephora offering 5K/10K Rewards?
To celebrate the fact that the Beauty Insider Program is receiving a makeover, we wanted to offer our clients these amazing, one-time only rewards so they could celebrate with us.

2.) I’m confused about when I can redeem the rewards. Can you confirm?
The rewards can be redeemed on August 12th. Because clients can transfer their points to a friend in order to redeem a reward, we've started promoting these rewards on July 26 so that we could give clients a chance to coordinate their efforts prior to August 12th when the phone lines opened.

On August 12 at 9am PST, our phone lines will open for clients to call and be put on a waitlist to redeem the rewards. Calls will be taken in the order they are received.

3.) How do I redeem a reward?
First, decide on the reward you want to redeem prior to August 12. If you do not have sufficient points in your Beauty Insider account to redeem the reward yourself, you will need to reach out to your friends to determine who wants to transfer their points to you to reach the appropriate points balance. No more than 10 Beauty Insider clients can transfer points to any single account. Point transfers are limited to 10,000 points (in increments of 100 points) per transferring clients. Each Beauty Insider may only transfer points to one other Beauty Insider account.

On August 12, 2013 at 9AM PST our phone lines open. Call 877.VIB.ONLY as soon as possible in order to secure a priority spot in line. If you are the first client to call to redeem a specific reward, you will have 24 hours for your friends to complete their Points Transfer Forms and email them to celebratebi@sephora.com. Refer to the Points Transfer Process below.

4.) Where can I find more information on the 5K/10K Rewards?
You can find out more details on the rewards offered at http://www.sephora.com/celebrateBI

5.) Do I need to be a VIB or VIB Rouge?

No, you do not need to be a VIB or VIB Rouge in order to redeem the 5K/10K Rewards.

6.) If I already have 5k or 10k points in my account, can I redeem a reward?
Yes, but you will need to ensure you call 877.VIB.ONLY as soon as possible on August 12, 2013 (phone lines open at 9AM PST) in order to secure a priority spot in line to redeem.

7.) How do point transfers work?
Please refer to the Points Transfer Process below. Sephora.com/celebrateBI

8.) Are there any restrictions?
Please refer to "Additional Terms and Conditions" below.

Transfer Points Process. (This information can also be found at http://www.sephora.com/celebrateBI).

Points Transfer Process

STEP 1: Call Sephora Hotline
• The redemption period begins on Monday, August 12, 2013, at 9 a.m. PDT and ends on August 18, 2013, at 5 p.m. PDT or when all the waitlists described below are filled.

• During the redemption period, you must call the Sephora Call Center at 877.VIB.ONLY (877-842-6659) during the following business hours: Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. -7 p.m. PDT, or Saturday/Sunday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.

• Tell the operator which 5K or 10K reward you are interested in redeeming. The first twenty (20) people that attempt to redeem a particular reward will be placed on a waitlist for that reward in the order in which their calls are received. Have an alternate reward option ready in case your first reward request is no longer available.

• Each Beauty Insider client may be placed on the waitlist for only one (1) 5K or 10K reward.

• Only one 5K or 10K reward may be redeemed per Beauty Insider client.

• Only a single individual Beauty Insider client may redeem a reward, and it is up to that individual Beauty Insider client to invite guests, if applicable, to participate in the reward.

• Rewards have no cash value and cannot be sold, transferred or returned.

• This offer is subject to change or termination by Sephora in its discretion at any time.

STEP 2: Transfer Points (if Required)
• If, at the time of your call, you do not have a sufficient point balance in your Beauty Insider Rewards account to redeem your selected reward, then you can invite a friend or friends to transfer points from their Beauty Insider Rewards account to yours as follows:
o During your call, you must request a Points Transfer Form and provide the operator with all requested information, including a valid email address.
o Sephora will send you an email confirming that you have been placed on the waitlist for your selected reward and attach the Points Transfer Form for you to use.
o Be sure to check your email inbox as well as Spam folder. Sephora is not responsible if you do not receive the Points Transfer Form in a timely manner.
o It is your responsibility to send the Points Transfer Form to your friends who have agreed to transfer points to you and to make sure that your friends submit their completed Points Transfer Form directly to Sephora, in accordance with the instructions set forth on the Points Transfer Form, within 24 hours from the time Sephora sends you the Points Transfer Form (the “24-hour deadline”). Points Transfer Forms received after the 24-hour deadline will be null and void. Points Transfer Forms must be emailed from the valid email address associated in Sephora’s records with the Beauty Insider account of the Rewards Points Transferring Client and forms emailed from any other email address will be null and void.
o Sephora is not responsible for Points Transfer Forms that are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, or undelivered for any reason.
o If, by the 24-hour deadline, Sephora has not received, on your behalf, valid Points Transfer Forms from your friend(s) which offer to transfer to your Beauty Insider account a sufficient number of points to enable you to redeem your selected reward, then you will forfeit your place on the wait list, and Sephora will move to the next client on the waitlist. In such event, you will receive an email notifying you that you were unable to redeem the reward.

• You may receive point transfers from no more than 10 other Beauty Insider clients. Transfers are limited to 10,000 points (in increments of 100 points) per transferring Beauty Insider client. Each Beauty Insider client may transfer points to only one other individual.

• Points will be transferred from a friend’s Beauty Insider Rewards accounts to yours only if (1) your friend’s point balance, Points Transfer Form and sending email address have been validated in accordance with the instructions set forth on the Points Transfer Form and (2) you actually redeem your points for your selected reward. If you do not actually redeem your points for your selected reward, then the points transfer will not occur.

• Points transfers are nonreversible and nonrefundable.

• Transferred Beauty Insider Rewards points do not count toward VIB or VIB Rouge status qualification or merchandise spend total for the year.

• Transferring points is at the risk and discretion of the Rewards Points Transferring Client and a Rewards Points Transferring Client will have no claim against Sephora as a result of their choice to transfer points, including any claim for any reward that the Reward Points Recipient receives by redeeming points.

STEP 3: Rewards Redemption Process
• The first Beauty Insider client on the waitlist for each 5K/10K reward that either (1) had, at the time of the client’s call to the Sephora Call Center, a sufficient point balance in the client’s Beauty Insider account to redeem the selected reward, or (2) received, by the 24-hour deadline, valid transfers of a sufficient number of points to allow the client to redeem the selected reward, will receive the reward, subject in each case to Sephora’s validating the client’s point balance and all transfers.

• We will continue down the waitlist until we find a qualified Beauty Insider client who has a sufficient point balance, as set forth herein, to redeem the selected reward. If we do not find a qualified Beauty Insider client who has a sufficient point balance, as set forth herein, to redeem the selected reward, then the reward will not be given to anyone.

• The Beauty Insider client who redeems the selected reward will receive a confirmation email that they’ve redeemed the reward with next steps on how to secure your reward.

Additional Terms and Conditions:
• Any improper usage of points in connection with this promotion or any other misuse of points shall be grounds, in Sephora’s sole discretion, for immediate confiscation and forfeit of such points, forfeiture of any reward, forfeiture of all points in your account (or in the account of your friend), and/or ejection of you (or your friend) from the Beauty Insider Program.

• Any points transferred through this promotion may not be conveyed to persons engaged in the purchase or sale, direct or indirect, of Beauty Insider points or arranging for the sale of such points.

• The availability of rewards as part of Sephora’s 5K/10K Rewards Promotion is limited and subject to these 5K/10K Rewards Promotion Redemption Terms and Conditions and Process as well as the terms and conditions of each respective 5k or 10k reward and the terms and conditions of Sephora’s Beauty Insider Program.

• Employees of Sephora and JCPenney are not eligible to participate.

See more at> http://www.sephora.com/celebrateBI

Re: Beauty Insider 5K/10K Rewards Promotion FAQs

I have a feeling there are going to be quite a few people trying to get the Paris trip or the New York fashion week. Those would be amazing opportunities!

This sounds so great. But with not too many prizes (this is open for 3 countries, I believe?), I wonder how tied up phone lines will be, and whether or not it will be impossible to get through to claim a reward...

It does seem like this is really a contest disguised as rewards. Even if one has the points, it is going to be nearly impossible to claim them.  I still think it is fun, but i think that people need to have realistic expectations.  This is going to be like winning concert tickets on the radio.

Anonymous Insider

Obviously these specific rewards are one time only, but are there plans to do more 5/10k perks in the future? So I can start saving? 🙂

i'd like to know the same thing too. i'm guessing there will be more events like this, but i'd actually like something more accessible to us folks who don't have anywhere near 5k/10k and who don't have a bunch of likeminded friends. i'd go for a 1k or even a 2k prize. i hope this is something sephora will consider.

Yes I hope they respond to this question.  I don't know whether to save my points for future 5k perks or just use them. 

Anonymous Insider

So many awesome trips and experiences!  I wish I had the points and friends with points to contribute O.o. I want that haircut! 😛

OMG... if I had the points I would TOTALLY try for that Marc Jacobs handbag 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing