Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Active Promo Codes #19

Codes Updated: 1/29/2020 Hey BIC! This thread has moved! Check out the new thread at: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Promo-Codes-20/m-p/5142933/highlight/true#M125165

Re: RE: Re: Active Promo Codes #19

You said you were rouge "at some point but started to buy more items elsewhere" ??

Your profile says you are rouge now. 

Yes once you hit rouge once you stay rouge on the boards, so that you retain access to the rouge only topics, but I am a VIB now. 

I didn't know that but I'm glad you mentioned it because it made me look at mine.  It says rouge but I am just an insider now....same as you didn't see the value in being rouge.  Brand sites offer more and Ulta is way better than sephora offerings.

Once people get used to something, it's next to impossible to take it away without generating a crap ton of resentment. Lowering the VIB discount to 15 percent is absolutely insulting. If I were VIB, it sure as heII would NOT make me want to spend another $650 to make Rouge! I really do not understand the marketing dept. at Sephora. Why are they going out of their way to purposely alienate their customers??

@xcicee @Sephora’s Marketing team is punitive. Anytime we complain about something they respond by taking it away. 🤣🤣🤣

@itscarin Yep agreed, management must have changed in the last couple years because they've made a bunch of (no good) changes. 

i.e - the nice gift in december going from 25$ buy in to 50$ buy in, flash shipping being raised from 10$ to 15$, gift card event buy in being increased, luxe play boxes going from 20$ to 25$, etc, etc. 

I agree, @xcicee. I think it's a terrible idea to lower the percentage on VIBs. It's been 20% off for VIBs for years. This makes me glad I was able to shop F&F because Sephora won't be getting too many more of my dollars this holiday shopping season if that's all their offering. 

@quspork I didn't get a FF code which I wasn't concerned about because of the holiday sale, but as a VIB now I can bet most of my shopping will be elsewhere for the rest of the year now hunting direct discounts for black friday, GWP bags, better e-bates rebates etc. 

I also agree with others that tiers should be bettered as incentives to continue shopping, not lowering offers given for many previous years. I only made VIB because I was buying supplements earlier this year through sephora, but now that I'm not getting moon juice through sephora and still pretty low buying I may not even VIB next year between shopping direct sales/GWP bags to maximize my purchases. I have $100 to go still at ulta to stay platinum for next year LOL!

I bought flash shipping last year which was my first year as a VIB but I passed on it this year and didn't miss it at all. If I wasn't low buying and planned on making more $25 purchases I would be more apt to get it since the value in GWP with $25 purchases would even out quickly. 

@quspork  I was lucky enough to get a code from a cowoker this year (my first year shopping F&F too), but I had a happycard type gift card which gets entered into the credit card box so I wasn't able to buy everything I was planning to get 😞 I do have another gift card so I plan to get a few more things but I'm pretty much out starting next year. There is absolutely no point when I can get things for cheaper elsewhere. 

I was looking forward to the usual 20% off to stock up on gifts for the season. Screw them. I dumped the entire cart and plan on shopping brand sites instead. I get an industry discount at Nars of 30% anytime of the year. Bad move on your part sephora. No incentive for me to stay a vib as each year its been a 20% holiday discount. I am $70 away from staying a vib. Won't even bother to give them that amount. I am done. Will redeem my points for measly samples and move on.

Yep 20% is pretty much the minimum I expect as well, which is already LOW compared to other sites. 

Luxe brands that don't do higher discounts that I was relying on sephora for 20% off:

Tatcha - has 20% off F&F sale every fall, as well as 20% off 100+ on black friday. 

Hourglass - was able to get almost FORTY % off via cultbeauty's recent promotion. 

Drunk Elephant - has 15% off ANYTIME with email sign up. Likely will have more sales now that Shiseido has acquired them. 

Pat Mcgrath - has 25 or 30% off black friday. 

Jo Malone - Neiman Marcus has gift card events that stack with ebates for about 25%+ off. 

Exactly. Brands sites have been the way to go. That is exactly where I will spend my money for holiday gifts this season. Everyone likes to save as much as they can. Why deal with 15% with these folks when I can get a higher discount with the actual brand for their holiday sales. Sephora is tripping for real to think all vib folks would fall for that. Nah. I am good.

@amillion3147 

I think this is fair, sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️ Rouge spend $1000 ++ why should VIB get the same discount? 

It would have been more fair for rouge to get 25% and VIB to get 20%....why should VIBs spend 350% to get the base discount at other stores that come with no minimum?

Its been20% discount for vib for years not just last year. If it wasn't for rouge always complaining about a higher discount it probably would have stayed the usual 20% for us as well. They made things worse. Its cool with me. I won't spend anymore money with them problem solved.

To be fair I think most users aren't like this poster and were asking for a higher discount, not asking for things to be taken away from others! I agree that they are not getting more business out of this decision. Being rouge isn't any bit more attractive; they're just alienating their VIBs. 

I've been Diamond at Ulta, since the tier was available and would've been years ago if the tier existed. This is the 1st time I've been VIB in a few years, because there is so little incentive to be VIB or Rouge at Sephora. However, I was actually interested in trying to reach Rouge during the Holiday sale, had the VIB percentage offered been the same as it had been in previous years- even more so had the Rouge percentage been raised to 25% (as it justly should have been). I now regret spending the extra money to even reach VIB and once again remember all the reasons I haven't bothered to reach VIB in previous years. 

@veronika23, Thanks for posting the information!

@veronika23, Thanks for posting the information!

Re: @veronika23, Thanks for posting the information!

@Luvstravel  you're welcome! 🙂 I know lots of people were wondering when it starts.

Re: Active Promo Codes #19

YSLALLDAY

$42.63 value

YSLALLDAY.jpg

YSLALLDAYDetails.png

CORNFLOWER

25 ml

$4 value

CORNFLOWER.jpg

YOUCHOOSE

YOUCHOOSE.jpg

Choices:

Spoiler
YOUCHOOSEChoices.jpgYOUCHOOSEChoices2.jpgYOUCHOOSEChoices3.jpg

Values

Laura Mercier: $5

Ilia: $18

Tocca: $7.60

Moschino: $7.60

Coola: $3.60

Skinfix: $2.02

Josie Maran: $7.02

Dermalogica: $11.29

PTR: $9.75

Volition Beauty: $7

Ouai: $5.27

@Lazybeautybeast 🙂

RE: Re: Active Promo Codes #19

They always have such good gwp right before the sale! Definitely waiting for the discount though but they almost got me haha
3,650 Replies
testing