Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean at Sephora
|

Cruelty free

Please share your favorite cruelty free products and brands!

RE: Cruelty free

If you’re interested in brands w/o a testing parent brand, I love Milk, Cover FX and Anastasia for makeup! Kush mascara, the ABH brow wiz, Cover FX pigment drops, Isle of Paradise self tanners and everything from the Herbivore skincare line are currently my go-tos!

Loving Kat Von D and Stila right now. So many brands I've loved before have been sold to companies who test (for instance Too Faced being sold to Estée Lauder). My go to site is Logical Harmony. Lists all things cruelty free, all things vegan and all brands to avoid.

My favourite makeup brand is Tate, and for skin care I us...

My favourite makeup brand is Tate, and for skin care I use First Aid Beauty, Caudalie, Herbivore, and Tatcha.

Re: Cruelty free

I really love some brands that nodoby know haha

Juice Beauty, BiteBeauty, RMS Beauty, Bésame, Ilia, Milk Makeup, Nudestick, etc. 🙂

The Ordinary, Drunk Elephant, Murad, Kat Von D 🙂

Well I posted this in a similar thread in Brand Loyal but here goes... 

Crueltyfreekitty has the best info. I have shown that website to the employees every time I shop there because they "cannot believe" that Fresh, Benefit, etc are not cruelty free. Usually the employee helping me is grateful to learn what makes a product cruelty free and, for example, why NARS is no longer cruelty free. It's easy to shop CF at Sephora! Vegan is another story. Most of the cruelty free brands are not all vegan! And have a very small selection of vegan items. Why would anyone want crushed up bugs or sheep grease on their faces? (Let me tell you, Sephora does not have a cream blush that is vegan! I took the no-makeup makeup class and everything she showed me had lanolin or beeswax.) Kudos to Kat von D for pledging to go all vegan. Anyway my go-tos for makeup are Kat von D, Tarte, Urban Decay, and Too Faced (the latter 3 if you don't mind the parent company not being cruelty free). I also like Hourglass and Marc Jacobs Beauty for special products. As for CF skincare, Herbivore, Tata Harper, Sunday Riley, and Ole Henriksen are my favorites but I just bought the whole Tatcha regimen and it is amazing. Just watch out for silk or pearl powder in some of their products! They are Japanese after all. 

(oh and if you are interested in drugstore brands there are things like NYX, elf, Wet N Wild, and Flower)

RE: Re: Cruelty free

Hi! Sephora now has vegan cream blushes through Milk! 💕

Yes! I love crueltyfreekitty! When I was first switching to cruelty free that page was where I started

Thank you for this 💗

So happy to see other cruelty free beauties! Too Faced and Tarte are my absolute favorites. Starting to dabble with Kat Von D now that's she's 100% vegan!

I really love my Too Faced Chocolate Bar, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes and Kat Von D & Stila liquid lipsticks! I l also love Mario Badescu (sold at ULTA) for skincare. Brands I'd love to try are Cover FX, Becca, and Smashbox 🙂

I personally love using the logical harmony cruelty free list. Tashina really researches every single product and parent company and then CLEARLY labels the status based on her findings. It honestly takes the guesswork out of a lot of brands. She even have a list for brands sold at sephora, it's seriously my one and only source for cruelty free and vegan makeup and skin care.

Link: https://logicalharmony.net/cruelty-free-vegan-brand-list/

Hope this helps!

Same here, I love Logical Harmony!!

Same here, I love Logical Harmony!!

There's a great thread with lots of information about cruelty-free brands:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confidential/The-Cruelty-Free-thread-dupes-discussion-amp-ne...

Kat von d (my absolute ride or die brand), tarte (is owne...

Kat von d (my absolute ride or die brand), tarte (is owned by parent company in case that is something that is just as important), cover fx (most is vegan as well), Pacifica(100% vegan), Drunk elephant, ABH, Too Faced (also has a parent company), NYX (parent company owned), Wet n' Wild, E.L.F., urban decay, Pinrose, stilla, Sunday Riley (u.f.o. serum is a miracle worker) , Becca (parent company), Bite, Ciate, Charlotte Tilbury, colorpop, Coola, House of Lashes, Hourglass, Jeffrey Star, Jouer, lime Crime, Lush, melt, Milani, Nabla, Necromancy Cosmetica, OCC, physician's Formula, Pixi (glow mist is amazing), tatcha, wander beauty. There are so many. If you're making the switch, you can still get quality but without animal testing. There's so many places to check to see the brands status.

For skincare, I would definitely recommend Paula's Choice (mostly vegan), Pacifica (100% vegan) and DermaE (100% vegan). For makeup, I like Kat Von D, Colourpop and e.l.f. (Kat Von D and Colourpop have many vegan options available. elf makeup is 100% vegan) All are cruelty-free😊💗

I just started becoming cruelty free so I'm still searching. I really like youth to the people and farmacy so far. I like fresh but need to research if it's cruelty free. I got a sample of Kate somerville and love her stuff- it's more pricey but completely cruelty free.

Re: RE: Cruelty free

Congrats on making the switch to cruelty free! Unfortunately Fresh isn't cruelty free; Kate Somerville is but their parent company isn't.

i second the recommendation for Paula's Choice for skincare.  I do use other items but as a science/ ingredient nerd it is one of very few skincare brands I feel able to recommend 100% across the board (whereas for most I would only recommend certain products, i.e. I concur that DermaE & Pacifica have some great products but unlike PC they also have some that I wouldn't recommend to anyone).  Of course not every item is right for every individual but overall it's a top notch line @ a very reasonable price point, & the customer service is equally great.

~melissa🔆

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing