cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|
Anonymous Insider

cover fx highlight drops

ive been wanting to try the cover fx drops for so long now but not sure if theyre going to be worth it. if anyone has them let me know if they work and are worth the money. thank you!
Anonymous Insider

RE: cover fx highlight drops

I love mine. Especially for the inner corner! Im still testing it out but its not very noticeable on the cheek bones for some reason but it also says its suppose to be used to mix products. I think it was totally worth the price because it will last a lifetime.

If you have 100 pts get the mini size they have as a rewa...

If you have 100 pts get the mini size they have as a reward. If not, get a sample made in store. That little sample will last you ages.

Re: cover fx highlight drops

If you're near a Sephora in JCPenney, a deluxe size of the Coverfx in Moonlight is being offered as GWP. I'll tag you in the other thread. 

The drops are SUPER concentrated, you will seriously glow like a disco ball, so if that's the look you're going for, it might be worth it. A little does go a long way, a bottle might last forever...

@Anonymous  I love mixing them with my foundation.  My favorite is Halo and, when mixed into foundation, it gives my skin a subtle and luminous glow. 

I also apply mine with a beautyblender, like @CheyanneMadisun and agree they are a little pricey.  You can achieve a similar effect with other less expensive luminizers, like Buxom Divine Goddess (don't think they sell it at Sephora anymore - I get mine from Ulta) or even Sephora Collection Radiant Luminizing Drops.

http://www.sephora.com/radiant-luminizing-drops-P398015?skuId=1698901&om_mmc=ppc-GG_194784279_15775290159_pla-18283950120_1698901_50233218639_9028090_c&country_switch=us&lang=en&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkcTxv_Ov1QIVByhpCh0VLgaTEAQYBCABEgLtZvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

@EmilyKovacevic  I never thought to mix Cover FX drops into lipstick/gloss!   Good tip!

@Tamara76 I just tried a sample of Tarte's Tarteist PRO glow liquid highlighter (I think it's 100 points) and it's very close to being as good. Not a whole lot better priced, but worth trying if you you like the cover fx drops. The only real difference is that it's more of a creme/gel. I feel like it'd be a little harder to mix with foundation but also less messy.

Ohhhhh!  Thanks for the tip - I may have to try this!  I've mainly been using my MJ Dew Drops lately, so I bet the texture may be similar.  @EmilyKovacevic

I personally think that they are ridiculously overpriced. They're nice but not for a nice price. The product is good and can be built up to be blinding but there are better products like this one out for less.

I apply it with a Beauty Blender [that absorbs some of the product] so it might be blinding right away if you used a brush that won't absorb the product.

I would say yes. They are expensive but they are also so versatile. I use it mixed with my foundation for a glow. A few drops on my cheekbone for highlight. Mixed with liquid lipstick or with lipgloss. So really you're getting quite a few products in one. Plus a little goes a long way so it lasts forever
9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing