Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Lip Care Recommendations

Since winter is coming, I’ve been trying to find some lip masks at Sephora, but they add up to a big price, so I’ve been trying to find the best one that is worth it. I really like thick masks that stay on through the night and even stay on during the morning. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Re: Lip Care Recommendations

Slightly similar but different question to add to this lip mask convo. 

Have any of you guys eventually experienced temporary irritation with these lip products? 

i still don’t have an explanation, but I’ve used the aerin rose, laneige original, and the jack black Shea butter balm...my lips love them all at first-theyre supple, hydrated, and great! but then 2-10 days later my lips are SO irritated, swollen, itchy, chapped and dry, and close to splitting. I then have to immediately switch to one of the others to repair, to then repeat this cycle with whichever ive switched to. its the oddest thing and I still don’t get it. Or if I use JB during the day and aquaphor at night, my lips get really angry. But if I exclusively use 1, it’s perfectly fine and happy. 

also to answer original question: I personally hated the bite lip mask-I think I was allergic because my lips became more dry and actually bled from cracking. I’ve read other people with this experience. 

laneige original is hit and miss for me. Sometimes it’s lovely, but 80% of the time I think it causes more irritation. But clearly lots of people love it. 

id pick aerin over those 2, but keep in mind it does have a stronger rose scent. 

I use the laneige sleeping mask, but you can also use the cerave healing ointment. Both are great for winter in bed and I notice the healing ointment actually helps with reducing wrinkles on my lips. 

Honestly, when my lips are really dry I find applying a glob of Burt's Bees lip balm before I go to sleep works as well as any of the pricier lip masks. If not better.  

The Tatcha kissu lip mask and The Summer Fridays lip butter balm are amazing choices. Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm Vanilla Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original 

I only use the Laneige original lip mask. My lips get bad when fall hits and crack at night and this is a life saver. I toss and turn throughout the night like a crazy woman and it's still there when I wake up. 

Totally agree! This is my saviour during winter weather! I found out this is Halsey's-music artist, favorite go-to product. 

I'll be a dissenting voice here @Chillson , I really don't care for the Leneige lip mask.  I find that no matter how much I slather on before bed it's always long gone by the time I wake up.  I prefer the Bite Beauty lip mask, personally I like the older formula better but the new one has the lanolin removed (A lot of people don't get along with lanolin, but if you're good with it, it's great). 

Just to toss in another option, the BKR lip balm is a great one.  I find it lasts through the night if I put on a good layer and I enjoy the texture. 

I really like the Laneige lip mask & I also really appreciate the Fresh rose petal lip cream. It’s not a mask but it’s thick like one and it’s intensely moisturizing ! 

I tried the original Laneige last winter and it has worked wonders for my dry winter lips.  I purchased a full size this summer and it has become a staple for me.   I absolutely love it!

@Chillson  Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original  is the best I’ve found.

That is a good mask for sure 

@faeriegirl @SportyGirly125  is the kissu better than Laneige and Bite ?

I haven’t tried the bite beauty one but the Tatcha lip mask is thicker and more nourishing than the laneige,also the Tatcha has a light sweet flavor which in my opinion is better than the berry flavor of the laneige which is the one that I own.

No, don't try the Bite one!!! I've used it on/off for months, and sure it feels good while it's on my lips, but my lips get DRIER the day after. 

I'm not sure why this happens but my lips get more chapped after I use the Bite mask. 

Try out the Laneige mask -- but use it after using a lip exfoliator (I use the Fresh one)!

@fempreneur we shouldnt tell people to not use whatever products; your experience is yours, and it doesnt mean that what happened to you will happen to others.

@Emy10  I think it is. I didn’t care for Laneige. Bite was good but it didn’t seem to last as long on my lips as the Tatcha does.

@Emy10 @I wouldn’t say better because the textures are different. I like them both though. 

I have extremely dry skin and eczema around my lips. I use the FAB ultra repair lip therapy and it does wonders. Put it on religiously when your lips are dry and then maintain when they are not. 

Anonymous Insider

I've been using AERIN Rose Lip Balm for yrs. It's $30 for .34 FL ou. but so worth it. I have medications for 20 yrs that give me extreme cotton mouth, and the corners of my lips are scarred from it.  Until I found AERIN, nothing was long lasting. Now, I use this as soon as I feel the lip splitting at the corners, and besides increasing water intake I use this, and after a few hours they are gone. Buying a new tube today.

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing