Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Friends and Gift Giving

Anyone else have that one friend who is so much fun to give stuff to? That one that is always so happy to get stuff, and is infectious in their joy? I'm starting to assemble a holiday gift set for them, and I'm getting excited just thinking about their reactions.

You know when you order something, and you get the wrong free samples in your box, or you break a big buy into multiple orders to get extra offers, and get multiples of some freebie that it turns out you aren't over the moon about? Or when you go to the mall, and everyone is shoving samples at you? I've got a box of sample surplus made up from all those sources, and I'm making up a massive deluxe sample set for my fun-to-gift friend, tucked into a branded bag I got on sale as a promotion with an order.

I'm pretty sure the bag alone would have made them very happy, as they admired my own version from last year, but I'm just picturing their face when they open the bag and start pulling out sample after sample like a never ending goody bag. And bonus: The bag was on sale enough that it fell within our unofficial limit for spending, and the samples are freebies, so they won't feel guilty for me overspending on them!

So...what kind of gifts are you guys doing? Anyone else finding creative ways to give more without spending more? Are there others out there who get excited thinking about that one friend's reactions to getting stuff?

RE: Friends and Gift Giving

My friend and I are exchanging Sephora Christmas gifts and shopping for her has been so much fun! She’s a single mom and doesn’t get much for herself, I’m doing a big goodie bag filled with her faves. She’s wanted the Sephora pro editorial palette for so long 😄 I love getting presents but it feels so good to give, especially when you know how excited they’ll be!

Re: Friends and Gift Giving

I bring in samples to work all the time, my coworkers are totally spoiled 😉 I also put together special care packages for my family in Ecuador, since they don’t have access to as many beauty products where they live. When my dad goes to visit he’s the most popular guy in town 😆

@LittleShadow Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to go through my stuff and start putting together goodie bags for my secret santa giftee, friends, and teenager I mentor. My little is real into makeup and putting together a bag of stuff for her is always super fun and she is very appreciative. 

My friends and I don't do much but I did get a couple small things for them during the VIB sale, and did tons of shopping today to hit the sales and cash back!

Aww that's so sweet @LittleShadow! I am sure they will be beaming with excitement when they get their gift from you 🙂 Yes, I absolutely LOVE putting gifts together for my friends 😄 Some of my beauty obsessed BIC friends are hard to gift because they basically have everything, but it's a fun challenge shopping for them 😉  

Yeah, I hear that "they have everything" problem! My mom is that way, and she hates knick-knacks, so she's super hard to shop for. ...fortunately for my gift-giving, and unfortunately for her, her two favorite lipstick shades have been discontinued, so mama is getting lipstick sample sets this year.

My friend is easier to shop for, as she's got a great eye for makeup and loves wearing it, but has champagne tastes and beer budget. So she tends to have an extensive list of stuff she really wants to try eventually, but only a few special good pieces at a time. Makes gifting to her really easy!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing