cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Blush for fair/light recommendation

Hello,

I'm looking for a blush palette or your favorite single blush for fair/light skin tones. I would like to give this as a gift for my sister. Currently she uses Bobbi Brown bronzer in the lighter shade and Bare Minerals blush in aphrodisiac aka NARS famous blush dupe. I thought a palette would be nice as that would provide a variety of shades to pick from. I’m also opened to drugstore favorites as well. I thought the product below might be nice but not sure if the shades would be too dark. 

https://www.sephora.com/product/winter-flush-blush-palette-P422534?skuId=1933407&icid2=products%20gr...

Re: Blush for fair/light recommendation

@BeautyWonder 

Well, it's three years later and you probably found your blush. The only one I really use these days is NARS Liquid Blush Orgasm so I was searching threads to get other ideas.

One thing came to mind - I used this for over a decade, and I have to tell you, it is right up there with NARS or any of the best blushes for fair skin. It is so natural and beautiful and just well, spot on lovely. Such a natural flush. I used to work with a nurse a long time ago and her husband is C-level with Benefit and explained that what I am about to recommend was originally created to accentuate areolas in adult films. And after that, they discovered how great it would be for lips and cheeks.

I used the product for about a decade so I like to "board other trains" - variety! But I did throughout my 20's and early 30's this was the one, and trust me, it will work, and it is gorgeous. Benefit Cosmetics Benetint Liquid Lip Blush & Cheek Tint Benetint 

Another one I think would work for fair tones is one by Chaintecaille - it is a very dewy, strawberry-pink and the formulation has a high water content so you get a real natural flush. It is a limited edition. But again it's just a gorgeous natural flush - and it's buildable so it can get subtle or dramatic and not look cakey. It is called

Chaintecaille - Aqua Blush in Red Ginger but it's not really red. It is more light pink upon application - but if you are liberal you could achieve an apple-y look. Personally, I think apple cheeks on fair skin is rather lovely.

Also, one I'd recommend but after these would be TOM FORD Cheek Color 01 Frantic Pink .

For drug store, elf - Jelly Pop Blush. If they still make it, it was $7 but it was like luxury all the way!

Best wishes,

V21988

Strawberry-pink dewy blush - oh so nice!Strawberry-pink dewy blush - oh so nice!

RE: Blush for fair/light recommendation

Tatted Amazonian clay blush in “paaarty”. VERY beautiful on pale skin

@BeautyWonder  If your sister is already using Bobbi Brown's bronzer, she will lover BB's blushes.  I have the same shading as her, and I can wear several of her blushes, including the shade Berry, which looks really dark but applies lightly.  Have fun shopping!

definitely do the tarte blush holiday palette it is amazi...

definitely do the tarte blush holiday palette it is amazing I have fair skin and almost every shade looks great on me and it has two highlighters that are beautiful!

It’s been mentioned but the Hourglass Mood Exposure blush. It’s beautiful and lasts all day. It looks shimmery in the pan but it’s not once applied.   

I also love Tarte’s Exposed. It looks boring in the pan or swatched but it’s the perfect color for any look.  Another good formula and color is Clinique cheek pop in Heather.  I love my mauve-y nude blushes. They show up so beautifully on fair skin.  I highly recommend the Tarte holiday blush palettes too! They’re an amazing value and they make great gifts! 

@CakesCakes  Thank you for those suggestions. I also just saw this set https://www.sephora.com/product/hamptons-weekender-contour-palette-P426812

The blush is different than what she has but she isn’t that much of a highlighter person. I will have to check out the hourglass blushes too. 

@BeautyWonder you're welcome!  The Sephora blush set you mentioned in your original post is also very pretty and I think would make a great gift.  Here are some other sets or blushes that might work too. 

This one has the Benefit dandelion blush that a lot of people have mentioned on here: 

https://www.sephora.com/product/i-pink-i-love-you-makeup-kit-P419716?skuId=1955947&icid2=products%20...

I like this Benefit set more, especially since you said she isn't much of a highlighter person: 

https://www.sephora.com/product/date-night-with-mr-right-sexy-night-out-makeup-kit-P417859?skuId=193...

I like the colors in this Benefit palette a little more than the Tarte one you mentioned because I love the Hoola bronzer.  

https://www.sephora.com/product/get-pretty-started-bronze-blush-highlight-palette-P425217?skuId=1996...

these are the Hourglass mini blushes.  I love them and a mini might not be the best value but it's still a good way to try out the brand without having to spend $38 on a single blush.  https://www.sephora.com/product/ambient-lighting-blush-mini-P424900?skuId=1959063&icid2=products%20g...

and here is a Tarte blush set at Ulta: ulta (dot com) /blush-bliss-blush-palette?productId=xlsImpprod16801756

If you are looking at drug store blushes, I would recommend the ELF blush palettes. They have ones with lighter shades and darker blush shades.  My sister has a palette and loves it.  It's very affordable and good quality.   

@CakesCakes Thank you for all the additional suggestions!  I saw the elf blush palette at Walmart but I wasn’t sure how pigmented it would be, so I’m happy to hear that it worked out for your sister.

Tarte amazonian clay blush in the color Exposed

NARS Orgasm

Too Faced Peach My Cheeks Melting Powder Blush in shade Peach Dream or lighter. I love how easy it is to apply and blend.

Baby love by toofaced
Anonymous Insider

I would suggest getting the new Tarte Holiday blush palette which is officially called “the limited-edition blush bazaar palette”. It has 8 beautiful blushes and 2 highlighters for $44. They are basically full size. I got it for my mom who is on the fair side and I believe they would look great on fair skin. A lot of pigment so be careful and use a light hand. If you buy from Sephora you’ll probably have to pay shipping but if you buy from tarte.com you get free shipping with any purchase of $25 and up. Plus free samples. Here is the link: http://tartecosmetics.com/en_US/makeup/cheeks/limited-edition-blush-bazaar-palette/846733022694.html...

Re: RE: Blush for fair/light recommendation

@Anonymous  This looks so beautiful, at first I thought why did she have to show me this now I want it lol the shades and packaging are pretty but I wish the price was a little cheaper. 

You should check out the Sephora Winter Flush Blush palette, it's only $16 or $17! Beautiful colors and totally worth your money. If you're wanting a single blush I would recommend the Ciate Glow-To blush in summer love. Very beautiful 🙂

@scullynuge I saw that, I just wasn’t sure about the shades. The price however I love! 

You should totally try the blush book from tarte ! It’s awesome and looks great on any complexion . Beware of the pigment because a little goes a long way 😎

@Beautysheis  Tarte is starting to catch my eye especially with the packaging. 

Anonymous Insider

Try too faced papa don’t peach blush. It’s been my fave for a long time and it’s great for lighter skin tones.

I’m very fair and my go to blushes are too Faced Love Flush and Benefit Dandelion. They’re both such a gorgeous shades without being too pink.
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • Strawberry-pink dewy blush - oh so nice!
testing