Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Warm scents that age well

I’ve been on the hunt for a warm scent that ages well, I’ve tried a few of the popular ones but find that as the day goes on they age to be too sickly sweet. Can anybody recommend one that doesn’t do this?

Re: Warm scents that age well

Some warm scents that age well include:

- Maison Margiela REPLICA By the Fireplace 

- Philosophy Fresh cream Warm cashmere 

@elliebellie14 I'm afraid that many scents put the expensive ingredients up top but cheap out on the dry down which is why you're experiencing this. I'd try

• GUERLAIN Shalimar Eau de Parfum is an old school classic so it might smell too old fashioned for you but should have a good dry down. Papillon's Bengal Rouge is a descendent of Shalimar and the dry down is utterly cozy and gorgeous.
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur's L'Ambre Extreme is a little animalic but the dry down is cozy. They may have reformulated though since they were bought out by Puig
  • Many of the Serge Lutens are lovely and warm though if you can score a vintage bottle, those are richer. You might try the Chergui, Arabie or 5 O'Clock
  • Mona di Orio's Vanille is a fantastic green vanilla with a great dry down
  • Libertine Fragrance's Troubled Spirits and Gilded are great
  • Jazmin Sarai's Otis & Me more spicy than sweet, excellent if you like cardamom

@elliebellie14  For me these are all warm, spiced fragrances. Kilian Princess is a marshmallowy gourmand but it's spicy too. Sol de Janiero 71' is warm and toasty. Tom Ford's Black Orchid is very spicy with a good amount of warmth but this has plum? and floral too. It is a bit heavy but a good heavy to me. All of these last all day on me. None of them get that amber tang at the end, just a warm, light spiciness.

@elliebellie14 A couple I really enjoy are from YSL. The first, Yves Saint Laurent Libre Eau De Parfum is a warm floral so you shouldn’t find any of the gourmand notes that can sometimes read as sweet. The second, Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum 1 oz/ 30 mL is a warm gourmand, but leans spicer than sweet. Both I find to be beautiful and long lasting. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing