Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Perfume Samples

Hello, I visited Sephora in person today.  I was looking for a scent, because it was so pretty when a person wearing it walked by.  

I asked her what it was & she replied Black Opium. And I could buy it at Sephora.  So I stopped in expecting to purchase a bottle. 

Well, I didn’t realize there are a few options with that name.  I asked for two samples so I could road test & compare them over a couple days to determine which one would be best for me. 

I was surprised & disappointed when the salesperson told me “No”.  They said I could buy the small roller bottles of them for samples. 

I feel a small fee is reasonable but $30+.  Do you no longer offer free samples?  If so, why not?

please email me if possible 

Thanks 

Re: Perfume Samples

I completely agree with you. I remember not too long ago when free perfume samples at all department stores was standard. Perfume is so expensive, including $35 for a roller ball. I am sick of everything getting more expensive, especially luxury items like this. It is completely reasonable for a consumer to want a small, free, sample of a perfume before purchasing a $90-$160 bottle, or even a $35 travel roller ball.

Depends on the store and the salesperson you talk to could be a variable.  I’ve been to Sephoras where I could get samples easily, but some may not have the tester atomizers.  I would suggest spraying one of each wrist or going to another vendor to see if they provide samples. 

It is a billion dollar industry, with high profit margins, it would be ideal and within reason for major brands to produce bulk samples.  
For some indie and younger niche brands, not so much.  

@1KelKat @It depends on the store. Sometimes they have samples of it and sometimes they don’t. They also can’t make samples of it for you but they have testers in the store for you to spray. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing