cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|
Anonymous Insider

Looking for perfume for the first time

Hi everyone! I'm looking for some floral scented perfumes. But i'm a guy and i just got into makeup and perfume so i have no idea where to look. I'd love to hear any floral scented perfume recommendations any of you might have โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•

Re: Looking for perfume for the first time

One of my favourite florals is Fleur Jolie Lavande ... it is also the one that gets the most notice and compliments! This is a powdery violet scent with tonka beans, magnolia, and obviously lavender ..smells like straight up purple!! Tory Burch was said to be trying to capture the scent of the lavender in her garden with this perfume. Jolie Lavande is a crisp, clean fragrance, I find it quite cool, and very elegant! It is available in-store so you could request a sample. Also sells in a rollerball size so you can give it a decent test drive.

TORY BURCH - Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Lavande

Anonymous Insider

Wow @grizzlymaze! โ˜บ๏ธ I love the smell of lavender! This sounds like it is guaranteed to be a fabulous scent! ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’ thank you so much for telling me about it! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’–

Hi @Anonymous

I agree with @PinkEvergreen, Flowerbomb is an amazing fragrance! Iโ€™ve been using it for the past year and a half and itโ€™s definitely become my go to signature scent. I also really like Jo Maloneโ€™s Orange Blossom. Itโ€™s floral, but with hints of orange thatโ€™s fresh and really unique. I also like that it isnโ€™t overpowering or heavy. 

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/orange-blossom-cologne-P417183?icid2=products%20grid:p417183:product&skuId=1946581

Best set of luck with your search and I look forward to hearing about your choices.

Anonymous Insider

Spoiler
Hi @Lucki1! ๐Ÿ˜„ that sounds like it would smell lovely! I'm for sure going to try that scent someday ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’œ

@SparklesMan One floral perfume that is very popular and smells lovely is Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Rollerball 0.33 oz/ 10 mL.

May I make a recommendation? When I was new to my Sephora makeup/skincare/fragrance journey, I bought perfumes in quantities that were far too large (and priced accordingly). Now I never buy anything larger than a travel size (which is what I have tagged here). 

I found that, by interacting with people here and getting perfume samples with my orders, I wanted to use a more diverse range of fragrances weekly or monthly, instead of being stuck to one. Buying in smaller quantities and maximizing your opportunities to get free samples from Sephora makes that more affordable ๐Ÿ˜Š

Anonymous Insider

That's a great recommendation @PinkEvergreen! Thank you so much for suggesting that to me! I never would've thought of it without you! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’‹ i'm defintely doing that now! โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ also, that will definitely be one of the perfumes i buy! Small & allows for a more diverse range of fragrances, nothing better then that! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’—

Hi @SparklesMan!

This is one of my favorite florals:

CHANEL CHANCE Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz

Anonymous Insider

Thanks so much @angel7594! I'm so excited to try out the products you recommended! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’–

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing