Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

I need recommendations..

What perfume would you suggest to a friend who is trying to branching out from SWEET smelling body mist (like the Victoria secret kind). She wears a lot of sweet fruity smells (but not citrus), or she’ll wear vanilla a lot. I’m stumped, because our taste is so different.. please help

she wants a “real perfume” but still wants it to be sweet or vanilla 

Re: I need recommendations..

@nulla  I like KVD Vegan Beauty Saint Eau de Parfum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Eau de Parfum Spray , it has vanilla, I think.  and could not be cheaper rn, esp. if you wanted to try the $8 travel spray.  I also like KVD Vegan Beauty Sinner Lipstick + Fragrance Mini Duo Set , it's a bit darker, but I like sweet perfumes so she may like it too.

otherwise, I second #Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue Per PerfumeTravel Spray 0.25 oz/ 7.5 mL Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume Travel Spray , it's the perfect "grown-up", smoky vanilla. 

oh, and Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium is a classic, "grown-up", sweet perfume, which I enjoy.  Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Rollerball 0.33 oz/ 10 mL Eau de Parfum Rollerball  is of course, a classic sweet, berry perfume, which I love as well.  the gold version is a bit sweeter and "fancier", to me, and the noir version is a bit darker and cooler.  there are many other varieties of that one, as well. Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Gold Couture 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Hi @nulla!

My favorite is Juliette Has a Gun Lipstick Fever Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

It's a bit sweet but mysterious.  I'd say this is the red lipstick of perfumes for me.

Juicy Couture Oui Glow 

Bright Crystal

Versace

Be Delicious by Donna Karan

Its fruity sweet and fresh 🙂

I also highly recommend Valentino Donna born in Roma, this fragrance is gorgeous, one of my favorite right now, it has a lovely warm vanilla scent. it’s perfect for cooler seasons 
top notes are 

• black currant
  • bourbon vanilla 
  • jasmine grandiflorum absolute 

I second this one. By your description OP, I think your friend would love this. I also recommend Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris Set  (its fruity and a little bit floral but it is super sweet) and DOLCE&GABBANA Pour Femme Intense 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray it has marshmallow in it. It is sweet but sophisticated.

Hello, I’d go with Dolce&Gabbana l'imperatrice, 

it’s perfect if she’s looking for a more sophisticated version of a fruity body mist, it’s fruity, fresh ,and very beautiful I get so many compliments, and it’s very affordable, it’s a must have especially in warmer climate.

Notes are 

• watermelon 
  • kiwi
  • pink cycalmen 
  • musk 

@nulla I'm going to suggest fragrances in a low to moderate price range so there's no sticker shock but please let me know if she'd be interested in spending more. For some reason, with perfumes I can only tag gift sets and not the perfume itself

Very sweet

• Lancôme La Vie Est Belle Gift Set 
  • Prada Prada Candy Rollerball Trio 

Fruity sweet

• Mugler Angel Gift Set  this is a 90s classic that features a juicy passionfruit but there's some funky patchouli in the base so make sure she's okay with it first
  • Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Toilette Spray classic French style with cherries
  • Pacifica Hawaiian Ruby Guava
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur Mure et Musc is more on the pricey side but it's really gorgeous, blackberries and clean musk.
  • H&M makes a fig one that's super cheap but still nice.

Vanillas

• LUSH American Cream which is berries and vanilla. There's also Vanillary for a straight vanilla.
  • Comptoir Sud Pacifique Discovery Set 

She’s saving up for this purchase, so if you have high end suggestions please let me know. This is a good list of recommendations, she’s excited to smell them! Thank you

@nulla OK, some $$$$ recommendations

Very sweet

• Kilian Princess Eau de Parfum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Eau de Parfum This one is actually from Kilian's younger and more affordable line, it's super sweet with marshmallow. She could test others from this line from the Kilian My Kind Of Love Discovery Set as they are also quite sweet.
  • KILIAN Paris Rolling in Love 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Super dense and sweet like nougat, death by syrup. Probably one of the sweetest in the house
  • TOM FORD Orchid Soleil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray from Ford's more affordable line, this one is also pretty nougat-y but more nutty

Fruity sweet or moderate sweet

Vanilla

• Mona di Orio's Vanille is my favourite vanilla and it is very classy and original, but also comforting to wear. More green than sweet. Nothing on this list is super sweet, actually.
  • Diptyque Eau Duelle. Diptyque is a pretty stand up house. A classic, easy going vanilla with some woods and a touch of smoke.
  • TOM FORD Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum Fragrance 1.0 oz/ 30 mL This is a classic, rich and deep vanilla with a touch of spice. For a cheaper dupe try MAC's Velvet Teddy
  • Frederic Malle's Dries van Noten is like a gourmand, spicy like snickerdoodles which sounds fun but the vibe is more chic and polished
  • Serge Lutens Un bois vanille 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum another gourmandy, woody vanilla
  • #Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensée Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume 3.3 oz/ 100 mL Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume Spray more woody than sweet. Sorry I think the tag doesn't work because the name is so long but Sephora does carry this.
  • Byredo's Seven Veils has vanilla and a carrot root, root beer thing going on which sounds strange but it's lovely and strange

Hope she finds perfumes she really loves ❤️

The killian discovery set is a great idea, she's going to try this set first. Thank you for all your wonderful suggestions ❤️

@nulla You're most welcome and good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing