Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Beach Scent

I need help, guys. I am not even sure what I'm exactly looking for, so please bare with me. I am not good with sprig/summer scents. I don't like almost any of the usual spring/summer notes/fragrances. But for some reason I am craving something beach-y. I definitely want sea salt and ocean. Not too sweet. If at all. It can have vanilla and/or coconut, but not too much. It can be suntan lotion-y, but not too much. Not overly flowery. No citrus, unless absolutely necessary. More like a day at the wild beach where you can smell sea salt, ocean, algae, stones, breeze, feel the sun on your skin... with the beach goers and their suntan lotions, sweet drinks and flowers far away from you. Like, not on the same beach. But the breeze keeps bringing some whiffs of it all your way. Maybe you will recognize something in this mess. I can't make heads nor tails from it. And I am not familiar with these kind of scents at all. Any recommendation is greatly appreciated! Just throw any idea that comes to mind my way.

Beach Walk, Kerosene Walk the Sea, Sun di Gioia, Replica Sailing Day... are a no. I can't think if I've tried anything else of the sort right now... 

Re: Beach Scent

@RavenR 

Have you tried Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Beach Walk ? I know a lot of people like that scent a lot. 

@RavenR Oooo, this is tough because most beachy fragrances go full-on with the sunscreen, coconut, tuberose vibes.

Demeter makes a Sea Salt one but I have no idea what it's like.

Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne has that salinity you may be looking for but it's not going to give you those beachy vibes.

HERMÈS Eau des Merveilles Bleue Gift Set also does a salt water thing but like the JM, it doesn't have stereotypical beachy notes. Maybe give the other Merveilles a shot, they are all based on the idea of salt water and pairing this with something warm. The ultimate is by the same nose of the original Eau des M, JC Ellena, who also did Epice Marine which is this wild calone aquatic scent that pairs this up with spices which sounds godawful but it actually works.

Best of luck finding the perfect non-stereotyped beachy fragrance 🙂

@pocketvenus  Thanks for the suggestions! I knew this was gonna be tricky, and I would probably end up having to mix and match.

I am curious, though, what would you recommend out of those typical beachy scents, suntan lotion, coconut and the whole nine?

@RavenR You're most welcome! Perhaps I'm not the best to ask since I really dislike those coconutty suntan scents!! For me the ultimate beach scent is Indolis by Areej le Dore. It's like the perfect tropical jasmine shaded in with jade greens. More like dozing in the shade with a good book on the beach rather than the whole sunworshiping thing.

If I had to pick a 100% "classic" beach I might go with TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum Fragrance but to be honest, I've not spent a lot of time with the genre. There have been so many released lately too, the Atelier Cologne Pacific Lime Pure Perfume, Juliette Has a Gun Vanilla Vibes, Byredo's Sundazed, Arquiste's Vacation, CdG's Copper, though Copper is very weird and the dry down is unpleasantly thick and dense to my nose.

Thanks, @pocketvenus ! And I totally get it. I've never cared for these kind of scents. But suddenly I crave something of a sort. It's a mystery.  

I think I've tried that TF before, and I don't even remember the scent, but I remember it lasted a whole minute on me. That's it. 😄 I'll have to give it another go. And check all the other ones, too. 

@RavenR I know the feeling, I used to dislike tuberose and now I can't get enough of it! Yes, the Soleil Blanc is not the most memorable from the TF house. Hope you enjoy your ELdO sample too 🙂

@RavenR Bath and Body Works At the Beach or Nest Ocean Mist and Coconut

@SportyGirly125  Is Nest Ocean Mist and Coconut a perfume? All I can find are candles, hand/body wipes, reed diffuser, and body mist. 

@RavenR @It’s a body mist. Sorry. Have you tried Rituals Ocean Infini, MAC Turquatic, Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Sea, Skylar Salt Air, armani beauty ocean di gioia?

@SportyGirly125  Gotcha! And, no. Haven't tried those. Hopefully I will. Thanks for the suggestions!

Comptoir Sud Pacifique Aqua Motu.  Salty, ozone beach sand.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing