Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events

Urban Decay Stay Naked Launch Event

Hiya everyone,

I was one of the lucky ones to be chosen to attend the Launch Event for the Urban Decay Stay Naked collection by @TeamBIC  I was excited to attended and so happy to be chosen, especially since I think Urban Decay has some amazing products.

When I got there, they were still setting up a bit, but there was already two lines formed (one for employees, and one for guests). When my plus one and I got to the girl, she told me I did not have a plus one and even though I showed her the email she did not really care, and said that at least they can enter, but wont be getting a wristband for the giftbag which I thought was a bummer and a bit rude, even with the proof I showed her. We then went inside and I have to say it was very pretty decorated, the hallway was a room that had some-type of mirror but you can see the tv beneath them, and at the end was a beautiful UD sign.

We then got little cards that let us get color matched, and so that they can write it down for us. I thought the process was really fast, and it was nice that they had so many people working that counter so that it did not take up a lot of time. As we walked further into the venue, there was a very cool photo booth that took video, and of course I had to get into it too. They also had waiters walking around with delicious snack bites such as burgers, crab bites, cracker with beets and something else, and a few other ones that I am not sure of.

In the middle of the venue was also a DJ that was pretty awesome, and played some good songs with smooth transitions. There were a few couches and tables in the venue, which was nice to take a little break at. Then in the back of the venue was an open bar, which had a mixed variety of drinks, I also liked that some waiters were passing out sparking wine. The venue also had great sayings all over the place, pictures of the beautiful models, and just was decorated nice with the purple light theme.

They also had a nice patio at the venue, that was at first only accessible through a door, but then they ended up opening up the big windows/doors garage style so that it was more easy to access. As we walked around the venue I noticed a lot of famillar faces such as Patrick Starr (super sweet guy), Manny, Larlalee, and other people that looked familar but I dont remember the name of them. As the night went on Lizzo arrived and did an amazing performance. I never really heard of her, but dang this girl is going places. She had a great set, engaged amazingly, and damn girl has a great voice on her. During her set my guest and I decided to leave, since it was getting late and we both had to wake up early today, however we saw that the whole venue was closing down already anways.  

At the door they were giving out gift bags to the people with wristbands, since they would cut the wristband ones the bags were given. Also they gave me a choice of foundation or concealer and I chose foundation, but once I gave them my card they told me that they did not even have my color and I got stuck with concealer (dont really use it). I was a bit disappointed especially since a lot of people were still at the venue, and I was curious how they could have run out already of my color. We then went home. When I got home I looked at my goodie bag, and got there amazing setting spray, and then four new Lip Chemistry lasting glassy tint in Overload, Stacked, Pink Slip and Low Key. I am curious to try the glassy tint, especially the Low Key one and Pink Slip to see if there will be a difference on my lips. As you can tell I have some mixed emotions about the event, especially considering that I have experience I can compare it to.IMG_0376.JPGIMG_0372.JPGIMG_0370.JPGBeautiful SignBeautiful SignBeautiful Models who were at the Venue alsoBeautiful Models who were at the Venue alsoIMG_0384.JPGPatrick StarrPatrick StarrIMG_0392.JPGLizzoLizzoIMG_0418.JPGMy colorsMy colorsGift BagGift BagVenueVenuePeople waiting for LizzoPeople waiting for LizzoWatching LizzoWatching Lizzo

Update: Just wanted to give an update, and thank you to Urban Decay and Sephora. They ended up sending me and my plus one a foundation. I am so excited to use it, especially since the consistency feels so nice.

Re: Urban Decay Stay Naked Launch Event

@Anastasiya13, what an incredible experience! I'm glad you got the plus one worked out. Thank you for sharing pictures with us! 

@curlychiquita  Thank you hon

@Anastasiya13 Congrats on getting to go! Sounds like it would have been fun. Sorry things were kind of a bummer, but thank you for your honesty about them!

@Samtian  Thank you hon, it was a fun event and I cant deny that, other then the hiccups I mentioned. I think its best to be honest, because heck I see so many influencers post how great everything is and all that...and make it look like you are missing out, when in reality i seen some of them just go there for maybe half an hour and then quickly leave, all because they took all their photos so they dont really experience what goes on.

@Anastasiya13 ,

Congratulations on being chosen to attend this Urban Decay event!  I appreciate reading your experiences and seeing your photos.  I hope that you will enjoy the makeup that you did receive. 

@tsavorite  Thank you, I am very glad too, I appreciate it a lot also considering makeup is something that I do love, and is a release for me. Yes I will definitely enjoy the goodies, especially the lip glosses and the setting spray.

@Anastasiya13 What a fun experience.  A

lot of beauty influencers were filming the event.  So glad you got to meet PatrickStarrr. 

@SportyGirly125  Yes it was fun, and I was very glad to meet Patrick Starr, especially since he was sweet considering that he kept getting bombarded with people, and yet still was nice about taking a photo with me. Thank you.

@Anastasiya13 Sounds--and looks--like it was a really neat event.  Congrats on being able to go :).

@CookieGirl1  Thank you hon

@Anastasiya13  Congrats on getting to go to this cool event and seeing beauty influencers, as well as Lizzo!! There’s a lot of hype around her in Toronto since she’s performing here in September! 🙂 

About the wristbands, when I went to the UD Naked Cherry launch party last year, they said the same thing to me when I mentioned I had a guest. But they were registering my guest simultaneously so she had already given her name to the lady. The lady confirmed my guest was on the list so she got a wristband too. I think how it works is that your guest is also listed as an attendee rather than your +1. If anyone else has insight, do comment! don’t want to give out false info!

@Guessgal  Thank you hon. I wish they would have given a heads up, or the girl would have been nice enough to check...but guess she did not have time for that.  Heck Lizzo definitely deserves all the hype around her, this girl can sing, to be honest I don't think she needs anyone to be fixing her songs because her voice is just amazing as it is in person.

@Anastasiya13 Wow, girl - you go to so many events!  Despite the gift bag snags, it sounds like it was still a fun event! 

@Tamara76  I guess you can say that's the benefit of living in the Los Angeles area, and heck I love makeup and just learning about new things and checking out new places. My next event to go to is the pop up for Stella Rosa 🙂

@Anastasiya13 Ohhhhhhh Stella rosa wine?😍

@Tamara76  Ooo yes, it was a pretty nice event for photo ops, and to try the new wines that they came out with.

Thank you for sharing @Anastasiya13! Sorry about the foundation and the gift bag 🙁

@faeriegirl  Thank you hon.

@Anastasiya13 Sorry about the foundation!

Thanks for sharing the photos and your recount of the event.

Lizzo is the absolute best, I would have passed out ❤️

@Cyncynn  Thank you hon. Omg she was amazing, to be honest I did not realize who she was really until I was driving in the car and her song came on the radio....then I was like omg i been hearing her song for awhile and she is awesome.

Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 153 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos15
  • IMG_0376.JPG
  • IMG_0372.JPG
  • IMG_0370.JPG
  • Beautiful Sign
  • Beautiful Models who were at the Venue also
  • IMG_0384.JPG
  • Patrick Starr