Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Exclusive Events
|

INKEY List Pop-Up - BIC Event

I was lucky to attend The INKEY List pop-up / BIC Community event and meet my fellow community members @michelleshops @MlleCC @darkiceis (and one more community member I do not recall the BIC name - I am so sorry!). There were more of us BIC  members, but these gals were the ones I recognized from the community and discussions. (This was my first time meeting @darkiceis and she's awesome ❤️ )

IMG_5689.jpg

We were warmly welcomed by the brand founders themselves, Colette Newberry and Mark Curry, Colette gave us an overview of the brand (that I was not too familiar with) and Mark was giving personal one-on-one (!!!) skincare consultations to us BIC members.

Mark Curry really taking the time to hear our skin concerns and make product recommendations!Mark Curry really taking the time to hear our skin concerns and make product recommendations!

My own bespoke skincare recipeMy own bespoke skincare recipe

The brand keeps their package simple and go higher up in the supply chain to purchase the ingredients, being able to offer them to customers at more affordable prices. Everything is under $15.

They had their whole line-up displayed and they showcased some of the ingredients used in the products.

IMG_5719.jpgIMG_5744.jpgIMG_5711.jpgIMG_5743.jpgIMG_5745.jpg

We also got a very exciting sneak-peek of products not yet launched like the:

-Snow Mushroom Moisturizer

Snow mushroom is helpful with redness. It is a lightweight moisturizing gel.

IMG_5751.jpg

-Bakuchiol

Plant based retinol alternative - safe to be used during pregnancy.

IMG_5718.jpg

-Alpha Arbutin

Derived from the bearberry plant, Alpha-Arbutin functions as a tyrosinase inhibitor and gently provides a brightening effect on on pigmented/uneven areas of the skin. This product was so new they didn't even had a package for it yet, just a lab sample(!!!).

We had the whole space to ourselves and had lots of fun. We played with their awesome screen (which is really hard to describe, so I’ll insert a picture) and their cash-grab machine game where you could win prizes - chucky-cheese birthday style as I was told by my fellow BIC members, but since I was not raised in the US, I wasn’t familiar with the concept). Some BIC members took photos of my glorious cash-grabbing money and I am sure they'll share it soon, it was quite the scene.

The screen behind us captured our movements and  I was (clearly) having way too much fun with it.The screen behind us captured our movements and I was (clearly) having way too much fun with it.

I was super lucky on the cash-grab game and won a year worth of skincare from InkeyList -  they gave me some of the products recommended by Mark and will send the ones they didn’t have as well as new products later on. I am beyond excited 🙂

IMG_5726.jpg

IMG_5789.jpg

Mark and Colette really took their time with us and made us feel very welcome. Thank you so much Sephora and The Inkey List for this amazing opportunity!

>> I have added videos of the event, including Colette talking about the brand, to my IG stories/highlights - I'll leave it there for a week or two. My handle is "thefancydork".

91BC4A2F-8E2F-4074-8E16-F8B4F6EF3F18-2.JPG

IMG_5793 (1).PNG

Re: INKEY List Pop-Up - BIC Event

How fun, @Cyncynn!  This looks like such a great event.  Thank you for sharing pictures!

@curlychiquita It sure was - thank you ❤️

@Cyncynn  Woo congrats!!! That mushroom one sounds like something I'll try.

@Samtian Thank you - I am really looking forward to that one as well.

OMG, this is so amazing @Cyncynn !  Heart  Although, meeting some of BICs VIP members is "amazing" enough, winning a year's supply is so rad!  It looks like an amazing event and I'm so happy to know you had a great time and all the pictures look great.  Thanks so much for sharing this adventure with us Smiley Wink 

Thank you so much @ZombieMetroAnt  ❤️

Yay our winner! We loved meeting you and we're so excited to follow your journey with us over the next year. Thanks so much for sharing and glad you had a good time, looking forward to more conversations. Best, Team Inkey x

@TheINKEYList Thank you so much - I am enjoying everything and can't wait to try the The INKEY List Salicylic Acid Acne + Blackhead Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL❤️

Hi @Cyncynn,

What an amazing win! So happy to hear you enjoyed your time 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT Thank you! 🙂

Amazing!! Thanks for sharing a sneak-peak of their new products. Congrats on winning a year's supply of INKEY. 🙂 So happy for you and glad that you enjoyed the event @CyncynnHeart

Thank you so much @GeorginaBT  🙂

@Cyncynn  I think that we all had so much fun skipping and jumping in front of the screen. I can only imagine how silly we looked. Oh well 😄 

@darkiceis I can't imagine what was going through the mind of the people in line outside watching us do 5415454254 slow mo videos XD

Yaaaaayyy!!! So thrilled you were able to attend this event @Cyncynn! Loved reading about your experience - and loved how much fun you had!! Congrats on winning a year supply of their products!!! I've only tried 2 items from their line but really like them. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on these goodies!

Thank you so much @itsfi - this means a lot ❤️

What items have you tried? I'll make sure to review them in the future 🙂

Wow, what an awesome event @Cyncynn. I really enjoyed reading your coverage, and congrats on winning all of the skincare. That new mushroom moisturizing gel looks like something I'd like! I'll be sure to keep an eye out for it. 

@PrettyPaint Thank you so much. I am looking forward to that as well, I really enjoy that sort of formula for the warmer months.

@Cyncynn  looks like you has so much fun!!

Thank you, @Cyncynn , for sharing your experience from this event!  Congratulations on your big win!  I'm looking forward to the bakuchiol since I can't use retinol.

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • Mark Curry really taking the time to hear our skin concerns and make product recommendations!
  • My own bespoke skincare recipe
  • IMG_5751.jpg
  • IMG_5718.jpg
  • IMG_5719.jpg
  • IMG_5744.jpg
  • IMG_5711.jpg
  • IMG_5743.jpg
  • IMG_5745.jpg
  • IMG_5726.jpg
  • IMG_5689.jpg
  • 91BC4A2F-8E2F-4074-8E16-F8B4F6EF3F18-2.JPG
  • The screen behind us captured our movements and  I was (clearly) having way too much fun with it.
  • IMG_5793 (1).PNG
  • IMG_5789.jpg
testing