cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
Anonymous Insider

Winter is coming

Help! 

It is that time of year again and my skin is already dry and peeling. I live in a very very dry/cold climate and I just do not think my skin is going to survive the upcoming winter months. I also ski in the winter so my face will be taking the brunt of it. 

I am looking for a moisturizer that will not break me out and will get rid of all of my dry and irritated skin.

I have tried the Ren Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream and the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, these kind of work but not to the extent that my skin needs. What do you guys recommend? 

Glamglow ThirstyMud!!! My annual winter savior! Just need...

Glamglow ThirstyMud!!! My annual winter savior! Just need a thin layer at bedtime. Absorbs quick and my skin feels P-L-U-M-P 🙂

Re: Winter is coming

@Anonymous Try mixing Marula or Argan oil into your  moisturizers. I have tried DE Marula as well as Josie Maran Argan oil and both work well. Marula is lighter and Argan is bit heavier than Marula (not a heavy oil by any means). That is what I do in winters in the night.

For moisturizers, I had good results with Belif Moisture Bomb cream (not the aqua bomb gel).

Also recently, I have been using Laneige Moisturizing cream and then Laneige sleeping mask on top of that. It works really well.

I also got mini size of Juno oil but I haven't tested it enough to recommend it.

RE: Winter is coming

@Anonymous you should try a Beauty oil like the Drunk Elephant Maracuja or even Farsali Rose Gold Elixir. Both are dry oils that will absorb quickly. Then apply a moisturizer on top like the Belif Moisture Bomb. That should keep you hydrated. Don’t forget to exfoliate the dead skin as well!

Brace-yourself-Winter.jpg

I couldn't help myself 🙂 

There are lots of skincare threads on here that you should search for, there's so much great information there. Though quickly, I'd recommend incorporating a chemical exfoliater (to remove the inevitable dry skin that does build up) and some facial oils (nourishes and helps seal in your moisturizer) into your routine.

Anonymous Insider

@Anonymous, my skin can get all kinds of dry in the winter.  For moisturizers, I like Belif The Moisturizing Bomb or Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream.  I will sometimes add a layer of Laneige Water Sleeping Mask on top of either of those moisturizers - the jar says to use a couple of times per week at night, but I've used it more frequently than that and in the mornings as well - either on its own or over a moisturizer for extra hydration.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • Brace-yourself-Winter.jpg
testing