Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

Dry skin foundation that won’t cling and look caked on.

RE: What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

I have very dry skin as well and it always cakes or flakes around my mouth, sides of my nose, and between my eyebrows. The struggle was so real. Applying moisturizer and a good hydrating primer makes a world of difference under any foundation. I’m crazy about two at the moment, the Hourglass Vanish™ Seamless Finish Foundation Stick 5 Shell and the DIOR - Dior Forever Skin Glow 24h* Wear Radiant Perfection Skin-Caring Foundation are both flawless looking. The coverage on Dior is more medium but totally buildable towards full so it’s like best of both worlds! Hourglass is a little thicker and may need more TLC and is definitely full coverage. Hope this helps!

Re: What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

Hey love!

We recommend the BECCA - Skin Love Weightless Blur Foundationif you are looking for an awesome foundation with good-for-you ingredients! It is a beautiful medium-buildable coverage foundation. Your skin will thank you for it! ❤️ 

Re: What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

@PriscillaRella@IttyxBittyxMe said it perfectly: your skincare routine will make all the difference in how your foundation applied and sits on your skin.

I was over exfoliating (2-4 times a week between chemical and physical exfoliating masks). My foundation appeared caked suddenly and I noticed tiny cracks, like in the desert - on my cheeks. Thanks to a suggestion on the Masking Thread, I took a full month break and used only moisturizing masks like Origins Hello Calm™ Relaxing & Hydrating Face Mask with Hemp Seed Oil 2.5 oz/ 75 mLand Clarins SOS Comfort Nourishing Balm Mask 2.3 oz/ 75 mL

Also using a cleansing oil and a milky, gentle cleanser like KORRES - Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanserhelps. My daytime moisturizer has been Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m...wwhich helps plump my skin and does not pill under makeup. At night I blend my DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Creamwith facial oil for extra hydration. 

With dry skin, just be cautious over over exfoliating. You might find your existing foundation works out tag js to more hydrated skin!

Realistically, skin prep has a lot to do with foundation not sitting and caking up on dry skin. Make sure that you're exfoliating once to twice a week and moisturizing daily, on top of using the right moisturizer under any given foundation.

My favorites:

Cover FX Cream Foundation

Cover FX Natural Finish Foundation

Too Faced Born this Way

Huda Beauty Faux Filter Foundation 

NARS Sheer Glow

NARS Natural Radiant 

Makeup Forever Ultra HD

Becca Skin Love

Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation  

RE: What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

The Nars radiant foundation is amazing

I really love Tarte rainforest of the sea and shape tape foundation the hydration one. my skin is extra dry and both work amazing for my skin. 

TARTE - Water Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 - Rainforest of the Sea™ Collection

@PriscillaRella

I'm currently trying out a new foundation and I completely fell in love with it. It is the YVES SAINT LAURENT - TOUCHE ECLAT LE TEINT Radiance Awakening Foundation SPF 22foundation. This foundation is medium that can be built up to full. I have really dry skin but with a good prep. this foundation makes my skin look flawless. 

Before the YSL, I used the DIOR - Diorskin Forever Perfect Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 35. Def. another good option (med-full) for dry skin. This one you'll need to have a good primer. 

I recommend the YSL one first!

@PriscillaRella

You can use any full coverage foundation as long as you prime your skin properly Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mL is great. 

RE: Re: What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

Yea I have that one. It works good. Do you know if the born this way foundation is good for dry skin?

Re: RE: Re: What foundations would you recommend for medium to full coverage that won’t look caked on dry skin

Hi @PriscillaRella,

I also have dry skin and I like to mix the Too Faced Born This Way Natural Finish Longwear Liquid Foundation Bruleeand the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer 1.35 oz/ 40 mLtogether before I apply.  The coverage is buildable and it lasts all day without caking!

I hope this helps!

Best,

Steph S. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing