Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Skincare

I have dry skin with small bumps mostly on the sides of my face and chin. I also then to have blemishes and dark spots on the sides of my face. Need to find some products to help clear up my skin ASAP

Re: Skincare

@skineedstlc Diagnosing bumps is a little outside the scope of BIC. The right product depends on what it is and what’s causing it. Have you spoken with a doctor or dermatologist about it?

As for blemishes and discolouration/hyperpigmentation, do you know the cause of them?

I haven’t seen a dermatologist about the bumps on the sides of my face but I believe most of my dark spots and blemishes are cause by acne scarring, and as a brown girl I also have a couple natural darker areas and a not so even skin tone.

@skineedstlc Dark spots can be tackled a few different ways. Niacinamide can help with hyperpigmentation. It’s in a few different products, so read the ingredients list of your skincare routine carefully. You might already have it. If not, The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL or The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  are a few options. If you have oily skin, the bonus is that it’ll also help with oil control. 

Other ingredients to look for are AHAs like lactic or glycolic acid, or salicylic acid. These ingredients help with exfoliating skin, which can help remove the pigmented layers. They are usually found in cleansers, and might already be in your routine. 

A final option before heading to your doctor would be retinoids. These also help with exfoliation and cell turnover. The end result is usually smooth skin with less pigmentation. This one require diligence as it doesn’t play nice with daylight. 

All options will take some patience. Skin is built in layers, so it will take time for the nice healthy layers at the bottom to eventually reach the top. Don’t give up on your routine if you don’t see results right away. I can take weeks or even months before you start noticing any change. I hope you eventually reach your skincare goals!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing