Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Skin Care help

Hey y’all I have DRY sensitive skin and I need help finding hydrating products without hyaluronic acid (it breaks me out). 

Re: Skin Care help

Hey @BrennanG ! I had the same problem a couple of months ago. My skin was so dry and I didn't know which cream was best for me. Thanks to this new chrome extension called midori.earth, really helped me find great products, including creams for dry skin and other problems. I would highly recommend you to download it and try it! I feel so much safer now that I can find anything I want or need. 

Hi @BrennanG 

I'd recommend the La Roche Posay Cicaplast B5 Baume, it's wonderful for dry skin and is often a saviour product for my 'extra dry in the winter' skin.  Another from La Roche Posay is the Toleriane Sensitive Fluid.  I've only used a sample of this one, but it was great as well.  From Sephora I believe the Belief True Cream Moisture Bomb is free of HA and is a favourite for many dry skinned beauties.  

I would advise to stay away from Lemon Juice, Coconut Oil and Egg Whites.  Lemon Juice is an acid and it can irritate your skin, causing dryness and peeling.  The acid in a lemon also isn't regulated like other products, so you could get one amount of acid from one lemon and another percentage from a different lemon.  Coconut oil can be very moisturizing, and help heal wounds as it's got antibacterial properties, however it can also be acne inducing for a lot of people, to the point where most dermatologists won't recommend it to stay on your skin, there are products formulated to be much more advantageous and less chancy to your skin.  Egg whites can be tightening and firming, but that's not something I'd be suggesting if you have dry skin.  They can draw any moisture out of your skin if they dry on it (as can anything, be careful if you're using sheet masks to remove them before they dry out) they do draw sebum out of the skin and cause pores to look smaller, but with dry skin you'd normally be looking to keep the sebum that you have. 

@BrennanG I agree with @missjeanie 's list there, I've used the La Roche Posay product before and have had great results as well as the belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb and loved it as a spring time morning moisturizer.  A quick trip to the bathroom reminded me that the Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL that I've been obsessed with is also HA free, for a more heavy whipped formula. 

I'm not a big fan of DIY skincare projects.  I, personally, find whipping up something in the kitchen is usually more problematic for my skin just because it's much harder to find the most pure and wholesome ingredients and the right levels to actually benefit from the ingredients.  

I also just want to say hi, you and @WinglessOne are always so positive on the forum.  I hope you have a great Monday. 

@Nickelliebear1 Great catch with the Farmacy Ceramide moisturizer.  I haven't tried that one yet, but it's on my list (currently trying to work though a stash I somehow accumulated).  I love your description of heavy whipped formula, that sounds like heaven for my skin! Also makes me want to have a smoothy or frapuccino lol. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing