Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Powder Foundation

Sooooo, I have dry, acne prone skin, which also means I cover my face at any sight of a pimple. But, recently, I've been wanting to work on taking care and clearing my skin but still wear make up. I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions as to which product I should look at and how the product is best used??

Re: Powder Foundation

I have really dry skin and if I don't take care of it correctly, I get a bad case of acne. When this happens, the most important thing to do (in my experience) is to have a good skincare routine. I have to admit that I'm a big tartecosmetics fan, because all their products work well for my skin, so almost all the products I'm going to recommend are from this brand.

Before applying any makeup, I always wash my face with tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ Deep Dive Cleansing Gel. I use my fingers to wash my face, because I feel like I don't need anything more. After that, I use tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost Moisturizer, which is amazing. It's cooling, my skin absorbs it very quickly and it doesn't leave any residue. Also, since it's a gel, it doesn't clog your pores.

For foundation, if you have dry skin, I always recommend using a cream foundation instead of a powder foundation. When I want light coverage, I use tarte’s Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer, and when I want full coverage, I use tarte’s Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I always apply it with a beauty blender or with a sponge, and I don't use a ton of layers. If my acne is really bad, I can do two layers, but I don't do more than that. The full coverage foundation also comes in a stick format if you want to carry it in your purse for the day.

From the title of your post, I didn't know if you wanted recommendations for a good powder foundation, but I don't have any, since I don't tend to use them. Also, for dry skin, I only recommend using setting powder under the eyes and, if you need it, in your T-zone. 

Another important thing is to always remove your makeup at the end of the day. I use the same cleanser to clean my skin and to remove my makeup, and I also use my fingers for this step. I only need two pumps to remove all the makeup on my skin, which is amazing. To remove the makeup in the eye area, I use Neutrogena’s Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, because I don't want any product to get in my eyes.

Exfoliating my skin is also important because it helps remove dead skin and impurities. I don't exfoliate my skin every day, I do it two or three times a week, but some people only do it once a week. I use tarte’s FRXXXTION Stick Exfoliating Cleanser for this step. It's a stick, so I apply the product all over my face and sometimes a bit on my neck. Then, I gently massage the product on my skin until I'm satisfied with the exfoliation. I leave it on for a few minutes, like a mask, and then I remove it. Normally, I use the FRXXXTION stick before going into the shower, because it's so easy to remove in the shower.

After removing my makeup and exfoliating my skin, I always use a moisturizer. I'm currently using the moisturizer I've mentioned earlier, but I've been told that Erborian’s Yuza Sorbet Night Reinforced Nighttime Emulsion is great for dry skin. However, it's more expensive than the tarte option, so if you're on a budget, it's not ideal. I've ordered it today, so if you want I can give you an update when I've used it a couple of times.

As you can see, I'm a big fan of tarte and I don't really hide it, especially since most of their products have ingredients that help my skin stay healthy. My reply turned out to be pretty long, but I hope I helped you, even if it was just a little bit.

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos1
  • FullSizeRender (1).jpg
testing