Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Makeup tips for dry skin

Hi everyone, I need makeup advice for dry skin. I do my skin care use hydrating products but when I apply foundation it still peels. Any good recommendations for primer? I use the Giorgio Armani Silk Foundation 

Re: Makeup tips for dry skin

I love using the elf poreless putty primer at ulta. You could also probably use the glossier skin tint as a primer too, and it's really moisturizing.

They don’t sell this at Sephora but at target there is a curoligy mostirizer that works really well for dry skin!

@toadsage I’ve seen a few people say that they like to use the MILK MAKEUP Mini Hydro Grip Hydrating Makeup Primer with Hyaluronic Acid + Niacinamide .33 / 10 mL with the Giorgio Armani foundation. I linked the mini in case you wanted to test it out before committing to the full size. 

But if you want a more budget friendly option, the NYX Plump Right Back primer has never failed me personally and it has electrolytes in it which is great for dry skin. They also have a mini size for $8 if you wanted to try that first. 
Also, when you prep make sure you’re giving your skin care and primer a minute to seep into your skin and dry down a bit first before you start applying your foundation. 

Hi @toadsage do you mean pilling? It's the product rubbing off instead of sinking into your skin?

Hi @CynthieLu yes that’s what I meant!! How can I stop that? 🙂 

@CynthieLu  thank you!! I think it might be a step in my skin care! I appreciate the help 🫶🏽🫶🏽

Pilling is something worth looking up and getting familiar with. Usually it happens when products in our routine don't get along together. Sometimes you can help stop pilling by 

-using less ( smaller amounts of products, don't slather anything on)

-giving a few minutes between steps in your skin care, to allow products time to absorb better.

But. If that doesn't work,  you may want to find the product or products that are not working together.

- you can remove one item from your routine every day until you find the one that was causing the reaction. Sometimes it as simple as a water based primer vs a silicone based foundation.

It's a little confusing at first @toadsage but it does get easier. It happens to us all eventually. 

I hope that helps. 🙂🩷

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing