Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Looking for a Dewy Foundation!

I have acne prone skin, I also have a lot of scars. I have never bought a matte finish foundation, it never looks good on my dry flaky skin. I'm in the market looking for a dewy finish foundation that looks good on my skin and natural at the same time. Any suggestions for natural dewy flawless foundation?

Re: Looking for a Dewy Foundation!

I have very dry skin, prone to flaking, especially now that the weather is getting colder. 

I own NARS sheer glow and Tarte Rainforest of the Sea and both of them emphasize my dry spots. I guess I would call sheer glow 'dewy' in the sense that it isn't matte, but I wouldn't really call Tarte dewy. Of course YMMV.

I agree that the Josie Maran Vibrancy is dewy though. It's the oil content. Along those lines, you could try adding a drop of oil to a current foundation to see if your skin likes that look and if that's the type of dewiness you want. 

Personally I've been enjoying more creamy foundations when my skin is dry, like the CoverFX natural finish, Buxom show some skin, BareMinerals complexion rescue... Those last two listed are more sheer, but I can mix them in with the Tarte or with the CoverFX to add coverage.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm gonna try tarte r...

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm gonna try tarte rainforest! I will try to get samples of all the other foundation you guys recommend. So helpful!

Covermark essence foundation is the most popular foundation for acne skin in Asia. 

Hard to find a color match tho. I use YN00 and I'm happy with it. Almost done a bottle, will purchase again. 

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation is more dewy and way cheaper than cover mark. Does not cause pimples on my face either. Very good quality for the price, I love it very much. 

Cheers, 

Fiona

Josie Maran Vibrancy or IT cosmetics Illuminating CC Cream, they are the best!!! 😄

Check out Tarte Rainforest of the Sea or IT Cosmetics CC Cream. Both are dewy but provide nice coverage and have good ingredients. 

I'll second @bhadstyle14's suggestion. Adding a drop of oil (my fave is argan oil) to your favorite foundation gives a gorgeous, glowy, dewy finish while mostly keeping the level of coverage the same. If i'm trying to sheer out my foundation a little (for a more skin-like/natural look) then I'll mix in moisturizer vs the oil, for more of a BB cream look.

Prepping your base will also help with foundation application, make sure your skin is exfoliated and hydrated before applying makeup. Happy Skin = Happy Base 🙂

Nars Sheer Glow and Armani Luminous Silk are my favorite foundations for both texture and finish.

RE: Re: Looking for a Dewy Foundation!

I second the NARS sheer glow recommendation. It's amazing!

I always add a little moisturizer to my foundation, and it actually works

RE: Looking for a Dewy Foundation!

Ok it sounds crazy...but NARS tinted moisturizer is my favorite dewy foundation!! Definitely tone-serum-moisturize as usual and then apply like foundation with a brush or fingers [sponges will eat this up so avoid your beauty blender] and then just spot conceal if you have some booboos. If you use the first aid beauty coconut smoothie primer for me this lasts about 10 hrs of wear.

The Born This Way Foundation from Too Faced, is extremely dewy and natural. It lasts pretty well throughout the day. Also, the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation. That ones is really dewy, and lightweight.

I haven't found the TooFaced Born this way to be dewy at all. It's actually quite matte on my skin. What primer do you use?

Josie Marans Vibrancy foundation is dewy. You can also Add a few drops of Josie Maran's Argan oil light to your current foundation. 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing